Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ugas Confirms He Had Surgery To Repair Torn Left Biceps Following Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ugas Confirms He Had Surgery To Repair Torn Left Biceps Following Pacquiao Fight

Yordenis Ugas clearly was more than healthy enough to beat Manny Pacquiao on August 21. The WBA "super" welterweight champion confirmed to BoxingScene.com, though, that the arm injury that caused such an uproar the day before they fought required surgery after Ugas upset the Filipino legend by unanimous decision in their 12-round, 147-pound title fight. Ugas' torn left biceps, which occurred before their bout began, was repaired during that post-fight procedure.
    [Click Here To Read More]

My imagination or seems like a lot more fighters getting torn biceps in this era?

Spence 4-1 favourite? Seems the odds should be closer than that. Maybe the bookies factoring in that the money is in a Crawford Spence fight and NOT in a Ugas - Crawford fight. If its a super-close fight but the judges favour Spence won't be the 1st time - see Golovkin-Derev.

Comment

An injured Ugas beaten prime Pac was impressive. Shame he sent Pac into retirement as I always felt that maybe Pac could avenge his loss to Jeff "the Hornet" Horn, even though he lost wide in Australia, if Pac could get Horn to America, with a little luck and some home cooking, he could have won that rematch. Nash out.

Comment

why do so many boxers get torn biceps?? makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post
          Probably from blocking punches. The bicep is a big muscle and it's easy to imagine trying to deflect a rib shot or something and catching a glove wrong on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            My imagination or seems like a lot more fighters getting torn biceps in this era?

Spence 4-1 favourite? Seems the odds should be closer than that. Maybe the bookies factoring in that the money is in a Crawford Spence fight and NOT in a Ugas - Crawford fight. If its a super-close fight but the judges favour Spence won't be the 1st time - see Golovkin-Derev.
            Odds makers know Ugas can’t KO Spence and the decision will go Spence’s way regardless of the beating he’ll take

Comment

I dunno how bicep tears happen either. I know it happened to me when I was reaching too far for something at an awkward angle, thankfully it was a small tear that healed up. But one of our older guys in sparring went to do a hookercut and tore his bicep enough that he had to take time off work.

Comment

What's the odds that Spence-Ugas doesn't happen?

But shouldn't be negative. It's just that Spence miraculously survived a horrible car crash, and then he got an eye injury so he couldn't fight Pacquiao.

Hoping Spence and Ugas stay healthy to make it to the fight. Not that excited about this fight, but it's not that bad a matchup.

Comment

probably overtrained given he had a year to prepare for that switcharoo scam they pulled on manny

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post
                    Our arms are designed to push and pull, but not snap out from our bodies repeatedly with great force and speed to punch someone.

https://www.myorthodoc.com/distal-bi...an%20arm%20bar.

Comment

Working...
                    X