Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia on Fighting Jaron Ennis: He Has His Own Journey, I Have Mine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia on Fighting Jaron Ennis: He Has His Own Journey, I Have Mine

Danny Garcia believes that fellow Philadelphian welterweight Jaron Ennis will reach the top of the division sooner or later - just don't necessarily expect it to happen at Garcia's expense.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It does look like it, that Ennis is going to take over the division, whether he gets Spence or Crawford in the ring or not.

They're probably moving up in weight anyway.
    champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      It does look like it, that Ennis is going to take over the division, whether he gets Spence or Crawford in the ring or not.

They're probably moving up in weight anyway.
      True.

Ennis won't be at 147 for long he is huge at the weight, so 154 won't be an escape route for duckford, or Spence
      mjh1969 mjh1969 likes this.

Comment

I don’t want to see this guy anywhere near a title shot after more Redkache’s or today’s Brook.

Comment

picking Garcia has his own journey? He hasn’t in like 2 Years? Ready to move to 154, until Brook called you out! What is really your plan since Salka is unavailable?

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post

True.

Ennis won't be at 147 for long he is huge at the weight, so 154 won't be an escape route for duckford, or Spence
            Wouldn't count on it,how many years have Spence,Crawford and Thurman been able to circle one another now? Spence,Ennis and Ortiz aren't going to be able to make 147 much longer so hopefully themselves along with Mell and Castano we can eventually get any combination of those guys squaring off.

As far as Danny's comments,he's not going to allow himself to become a stepping stone and he has earned his way,no doubt about that. As far as him stating his "bigger and better" things,yea not sure whom/what he's referring to? There's only Mell and Castano at 154 as far as big names and he gets wrecked by both....Lara?
            Last edited by Sctrojan; 03-31-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

They had a potential fight for Danny but he wasn’t going to be able to make weight. So it got scrapped and shelved. This dude has always had a struggle with weight. He’s wayyyyy bigger than most 147lb fighters in their natural walk around weight. Hell brother naz put it out there about his weight nearly a decade ago, I can’t imagine it’s easier now. Garcia will not be the same when he returns, even 154 is gonna be a fight, hence the slow melt he’s going in. Dude was easily over 200lbs last year promoting his singers.
              mjh1969 mjh1969 Bronx2245 Bronx2245 like this.

Comment

Danny Garcia vs. Tim Tszyu @ 154! Make It Happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Wouldn't count on it,how many years have Spence,Crawford and Thurman been able to circle one another now? Spence,Ennis and Ortiz aren't going to be able to make 147 much longer so hopefully themselves along with Mell and Castano we can eventually get any combination of those guys squaring off.

As far as Danny's comments,he's not going to allow himself to become a stepping stone and he has earned his way,no doubt about that. As far as him stating his "bigger and better" things,yea not sure whom/what he's referring to? There's only Mell and Castano at 154 as far as big names and he gets wrecked by both....Lara?
                  I would not want to see garcia become a stepping stone for Ennis, garcia has done his bit, hope he gets a few good paydays, Brook would be a good fight at 154, but I think Brook would beat him
                  mgame mgame Wacked_Out Wacked_Out like this.

Comment

Boxing translation:

”Look, I’m from Philadelphia so I’ve sparred with this kid, no f**king way. F**k that. I’ve earned my status, he can beat somebody else’s ass I’m in my mid 30s now.”

Comment

Working...
                    X