Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant Desires Canelo Rematch; Willing to Facing Benavidez and Charlo First

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant Desires Canelo Rematch; Willing to Facing Benavidez and Charlo First

Caleb Plant is willing to take Canelo Alvarez up on his earnest request, as long as that means he can get another crack at the Mexican superstar.
    [Click Here To Read More]

All three guys are facing ****ty opposition that doesn't move the needle. Their next fight has to be between them or something similar other wise its all talk.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      All three guys are facing ****ty opposition that doesn't move the needle. Their next fight has to be between them or something similar other wise its all talk.
      I agree I'm a fan of Plant seeing as he is a hometown guy and I wont hold the Dirrell fight against him considering he just lost to Canelo and can use a rebuild fight in Dirrell. After that these 3 need to see each other otherwise I will lose alot of respect for them.

Comment

Plant definitely lines up in the no threat cherry pick program. clenelo will choose him again instead of facing Charlo, Benavidez and Andrade

Comment

1 thing to say it and another to actually do it. I have no problem with the Dirrell right after suffering a KO loss. We'll see where his head really is at with who he fights afterward (should he win)

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I agree I'm a fan of Plant seeing as he is a hometown guy and I wont hold the Dirrell fight against him considering he just lost to Canelo and can use a rebuild fight in Dirrell. After that these 3 need to see each other otherwise I will lose alot of respect for them.
            I don't mind him fighting Dirrell either but after this I just don't want to hear of negotiations or if they try to fight someone else they blame the negotiations.

Lately a lot of boxers talk a good game and continue to fight subpar opposition just waiting to land one big fight without earning it.

If those three guys fight and one winner emerges it would be a legit fighter for Canelo. I guy with good wins and momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

I don't mind him fighting Dirrell either but after this I just don't want to hear of negotiations or if they try to fight someone else they blame the negotiations.

Lately a lot of boxers talk a good game and continue to fight subpar opposition just waiting to land one big fight without earning it.

If those three guys fight and one winner emerges it would be a legit fighter for Canelo. I guy with good wins and momentum.
              You nailed it exactly! Feeling entitled doesnt make it fact. Fight each other winner gets the dream fight against Canelo plain and simple.

Comment

Didn't do anything special to get his last shot at Canelo, just had a IIBF belt at 168 at the right time. It wasn't especially hard to get or to defend. In my eyes he's 10 fights or more removed from a re-match. Canelo has bigger fish to fry and Plant has some work to put in. Lets se it boys

Comment

I'm sorry kid; You don't stand a chance! Just don't hit hard enough!
                  isagj isagj Rackz Rackz like this.

Comment

I actually think he had the skills to always make it a good fight and he did have his moments no matter what the judges scored said. The problem is he wasn’t consistent with what he was doing early and let off the gas. Clearly his chin doesn’t measure up well to the Canelo power that he has found since moving up in weight, they being the case plant would have to be right 100% of the time and that means not letting up at all and I just don’t see that in him yet based off what I saw in their fight. Could it be experience or lack thereof? Possibly. Could it be a stamina issue? Could be. A young man in that good if shape shouldn’t be tiring in the middle rounds. Plant may simply have a cardio-pulmonary issue that makes him gas early. Whatever it is, it’s going to hold him back against the best particularly in the late rounds. Perhaps he is fighting at a weight below where he should be

Comment

Working...
                    X