Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu: After The Knockdown I Was Like, 'I'm In A Fight, I Need To F------' Wake Up And Get My **** Together'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tszyu: After The Knockdown I Was Like, 'I'm In A Fight, I Need To F------' Wake Up And Get My **** Together'

MINNEAPOLIS - The desire was there all along for Tim Tszyu to leave an impression on a new audience in his U.S. debut. By his own admission, it took a little longer than expected for the unbeaten Australian to find his groove.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He looked asleep! Textbook needs to get hit to wake up. I liked it

Comment

That tells me he has had limited and or weak opposition that has either not come to win or lacked the tools to win. Either way, he is going to have to heavily improve to face the best in the division
      mjh1969 mjh1969 likes this.

Comment

Like someone famous once said. Any man who gets up is dangerous. Tim worked his way back into the fight, but he never looked lethal. Scratch one shot power and accumulation of punches only got him a D.

Comment

In Rd 5 Tyszu landed a hard over hand right and hurt Gausha. Landed a few accompanying shots, Gausha bent to his knees. Tsyzu retreated, there was no 8 count. The refs behavior indicated he was coming in to break up the action to limit the damage on Gausha. The ref did a poor job. Tyzsy is live dog going against some of the legit opponents in his weight class.
          gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxopera View Post
            In Rd 5 Tyszu landed a hard over hand right and hurt Gausha. Landed a few accompanying shots, Gausha bent to his knees. Tsyzu retreated, there was no 8 count. The refs behavior indicated he was coming in to break up the action to limit the damage on Gausha. The ref did a poor job. Tyzsy is live dog going against some of the legit opponents in his weight class.
            yeah I had that down as the ropes helping G stay on his feet and yes the referees body language made it look like he was about to start a count so I don't fault Tyszu for stepping back. Strange one. I mean he was literally on their toes when he sagged.

Perhaps also a learning curve for Tyszu. Next time, the opponent might get a swift follow up and wake up staring at the lights if he doesn't see/ feel an arm come in.
            Boxopera Boxopera mjh1969 mjh1969 like this.

Comment

Gausha fought ver defensively for most of the fight, if a fighter is determined to survive it is very difficult to get him out of there. Gausha fought very much like Clottey did against Pacquiao.
              Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

Tim Tszyu fought well and he has great head defense. He blocks a lot of good punches with his face. I didn't see any head movement from Tim. If the dude he fought had more power than Tim would've suffered his first of many career losses. Tim's lack of defense and lack of footwork will end his career early if he doesn't improve on these aspects of his fighting ability. To me he fights a lot like his father.

Comment

Gomez vs. Tszyu. Two up and coming young fighters.
                  Last edited by garfios; 03-30-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

It was a weaker variety of knockdown. People making too much of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X