Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Crawford Allegations: You Can Call Me a Lot of Things, But Don't Call Me Racist, That's F------ Stupid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum on Crawford Allegations: You Can Call Me a Lot of Things, But Don't Call Me Racist, That's F------ Stupid

Bob Arum may be accused of being many unsavory things, but one supposed charge he will not cop to is the one of racism. Earlier this year, WBO welterweight titlist Terence Crawford sued his former promoter, Arum, and Arum's Top Rank Inc., for breach of contract. The two had parted ways last November after Crawford's 10th-round stoppage of Shawn Porter. The suit, whose existence was first published in the gossip section of the NY Post, drew plenty of attention because, in addition to the contractual disputes, it painted Arum out to be a racist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"As far as Top Rank is concerned, as far as I’m concerned, Terence is a wonderful fighter, one of the best fighters no question about it, but he didn’t help at all in any of the promotions because he was the kind of fighter that siphoned himself off,” Arum said. "He would prepare like a son of a b!tch, and he would work real hard, but that hurt us to some extent promoting his fights. That's why the results that we got in the promotions...left a lot to be desired."

This is the part that bothers me. Promoters expect the fighters to fight for them and make them money but expect the fighter to do his own promotion. The fighters job is to prepare and come in the ring 100 percent ready to fight. The promoters job is to sell the fight and get as much money as possible for all parties involved. Arum has been in the business long enough to know that.
    Last edited by Get em up; 03-29-2022, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Everyone is racist nowadays.

Oh, except for dingers

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        "As far as Top Rank is concerned, as far as I’m concerned, Terence is a wonderful fighter, one of the best fighters no question about it, but he didn’t help at all in any of the promotions because he was the kind of fighter that siphoned himself off,” Arum said. "He would prepare like a son of a b!tch, and he would work real hard, but that hurt us to some extent promoting his fights. That's why the results that we got in the promotions...left a lot to be desired."

This is the part that bothers me. Promoters expect the fighters to fight for them and make them money but expect the fighter to do his own promotion. The fighters job is to prepare and come in the ring 100 percent ready to fight. The promoters job is to sell the fight and get as much money as possible for all parties involved. Arum has been in the business long enough to know that.
        This isn't the old days bro. People want to know about the fighter themselves, Arum can't fulfill that part. With social media now a big thing why would anyone want to hear from the promoter? Celebrity access is the big thing now. Not saying it all has to be on Crawford, but there's only so much the promoter can do. Especially Crawford's market, black folks don't want to listen to some old white guy talk

Comment

Arum was so racist that he overpaid Bud for years when he wasn’t bringing anything back.
          Bud getting a reality check currently. Been almost 5 months since his split and he still hasn’t made any moves.
          Canelo got out of his DAZN/Golden Boy deal and within weeks had fights lined up and just chose between two competing $100 million plus deals.
          Levels to this.

Comment

Has Arum have his faults, absolutely, but this pure B.S from Crawford. The only thing Arum is guilty of is protecting fighters, which he did with Crawford, but even then, all fights suggested are always presented to the fighter and his manager, it's not Arum's fault that this is the road Crawford and his team chose, if Crawford is not happy with his career, take a good look at the mirror and then turn around and take a look at your manager if you want someone to blame. A promoter job is to put you out there, but ultimately it's the fans who watch on TV and pays for seats in the arena, so I guess all fans are racist since they don't want to pay top dollar to watch Crawford, Ridiculous on the part of Crawford. Instead of blaming the old man, maybe you should blame yourself on the lack of big challenges you refused to take because you want the stars and the moon when it comes to your purse, big challenges is what glues people to their couches to watch, or pay big bucks for a seat, if you don't do that, then take a long look at yourself instead of blaming everyone for your problems, that's what losers and cowards do....
            Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Bob only sees green , for sure he's not racist .....looks like Crawford might be thou !
              It's people like Bud that stir up these problems. Was my man , now I just see him as another greedy mindless prat.

Comment

You promised him Spence if he didn’t sign with PBC so now you owe him 6 figures for failing to offer the fight. Bob made Crawford duck Spence according to the legal documents.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

This isn't the old days bro. People want to know about the fighter themselves, Arum can't fulfill that part. With social media now a big thing why would anyone want to hear from the promoter? Celebrity access is the big thing now. Not saying it all has to be on Crawford, but there's only so much the promoter can do. Especially Crawford's market, black folks don't want to listen to some old white guy talk
                  I agree with that to an extent but a fighter that's known for working hard in the gym and not being real mouthy Arum or any promotion company for that matter could change their tactics for that fighter. Social media has became vital in todays world but a guy like Crawford may need a different approach as far as promotion goes is all I'm saying.
                  Rip Chudd Rip Chudd likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

Same thing applies to the promoter too. You're right this isn't the old days. The promotion company should adjust with the times and hire a Social media team so they can get the "people" to get to know the fighter. He's the promoter and that's his job to do that. That's what's he's paid to do. Period. Remember....Bob also didn't give him the Pac fight that was also promised in the initial contract...people forget that. That was reason he signed with Top Rank in the first place.

Bob's definitely not a racist, but seriously needs to bring in some Fresh eyes to bring them up with the times. Because as you say...this isn't the old days. Top Rank needs to step their game up because they're falling by the wayside.

Comment

Working...
                    X