No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu's US Debut Worth The Wait: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tszyu's US Debut Worth The Wait: Weekend Afterthoughts

By Cliff Rold - Kostya Tszyu never quite became a superstar in the United States but, to boxing fans, he was an easy fighter to enjoy. He came to fight. He made good quotes. He landed a brick of a right hand. Tim Tszyu has a long way to go to catch up
    [Click Here To Read More]

Castano vs Tszyu would probably be fight of the year candidate.

Comment

Fair call on Tszyu. I'm not high on him but he showed grit...and a little more experience might see him at least competitive in a title shot. Warrington on the other hand is a win by fair or foul means type of fighter who won't get the type of favouritism he received on the weekend anywhere outside of his own postcode. If he takes a trip to Vegas.. he's coming back finished.

Comment

You know I got to admire and commend Tim Tszyu for his sense of honor and discipline during combat. This clip shows what I'm talking about, Tim was a little desperate during the weekend, like Leeds hooligan Josh Warrington, but Tszyu showed class and did not resort to cheating like : Josh Taylor, Katie Taylor, and 'Gypsy-Bum' Tyson Fury to get the win.

Now you see here that Tim Tszyu could of followed-up on his nearly fight-ending assault and no doubt drop Terrell Gausha as vulnerable as he ( Gausha ) was. If this had been Josh Taylor or Tyson Fury you can bet they would of rabbit-punched Terrell and then followed-up with punches to a down opponent.

I'm not surprised how the American public embraced Tim Tsyzu but hold their noses at the Taylor 's and Fury.

Comment

What a ridiculous post. Josh Taylor didn’t score his fight. Fury didn’t give himself a long count or whatever imaginary cheating you mistakenly believe he might have done. None of the fighters you’ve mentioned in your post had any hand whatsoever in any of the decisions you regard as incorrect. Why don’t you quote the names of the officials or judges who were responsible for these decisions as opposed to slagging off the fighters who had nothing at all to do with it?

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

You know I got to admire and commend Tim Tszyu for his sense of honor and discipline during combat. This clip shows what I'm talking about, Tim was a little desperate during the weekend, like Leeds hooligan Josh Warrington, but Tszyu showed class and did not resort to cheating like : Josh Taylor, Katie Taylor, and 'Gypsy-Bum' Tyson Fury to get the win.

Now you see here that Tim Tszyu could of followed-up on his nearly fight-ending assault and no doubt drop Terrell Gausha as vulnerable as he ( Gausha ) was. If this had been Josh Taylor or Tyson Fury you can bet they would of rabbit-punched Terrell and then followed-up with punches to a down opponent.

I'm not surprised how the American public embraced Tim Tsyzu but hold their noses at the Taylor 's and Fury.
          garfios garfios Get em up Get em up like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
            If he takes a trip to Vegas.. he's coming back finished.
            Warrington IS finished already.

He won last Saturday thanks to a huge headbutt in the first round, from which Martinez never recovered, and a premature stoppage. As I posted elsewhere, without headbutts and cuts Martinez would have knocked Warrington out. Exactly as Lara would have in their second fight without yet another headbutt to destroy his orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post
              What a ridiculous post. Josh Taylor didn’t score his fight. Fury didn’t give himself a long count or whatever imaginary cheating you mistakenly believe he might have done. None of the fighters you’ve mentioned in your post had any hand whatsoever in any of the decisions you regard as incorrect. Why don’t you quote the names of the officials or judges who were responsible for these decisions as opposed to slagging off the fighters who had nothing at all to do with it?

The boxers I mentioned are constantly breaking the rules, deliberately fouling and injuring their opponents to get wins. I have documented the underhanded methods that all of the fighters mention in my initial post have committed throughout their careers.

In my first post you can see Josh Taylor rabbit-punch Ryan Martin then punch him behind the back ; Josh Warrington ''won'' the IBF featherweight title by injuring Kiko Martinez with deliberate headbutts that caused multiple cuts.

If you want to ignore the facts, go ahead but that does not change the truth. Tim Tszyu earned his win over Terrell Gausha like a proper fighting man : Josh Taylor, Josh Warrington, the Fury's and a bunch of other English-Bums are always cheating and assisted to get the win, I dont respect them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

The boxers I mentioned are constantly breaking the rules, deliberately fouling and injuring their opponents to get wins. I have documented the underhanded methods that all of the fighters mention in my initial post have committed throughout their careers.

In my first post you can see Josh Taylor rabbit-punch Ryan Martin then punch him behind the back ; Josh Warrington ''won'' the IBF featherweight title by injuring Kiko Martinez with deliberate headbutts that caused multiple cuts.

If you want to ignore the facts, go ahead but that does not change the truth. Tim Tszyu earned his win over Terrell Gausha like a proper fighting man : Josh Taylor, Josh Warrington, the Fury's and a bunch of other English-Bums are always cheating and assisted to get the win, I dont respect them.
                one man’s rabbit punch is another man’s turning their back on or their opponent or ducking too low. Defend yourself at all times i believe is the phrase.

The thing is unless the ref rules something deliberate or reaches ten on their count regardless of when they’ve started it, again it’s out of the hands of the fighter. Moreover according to the rules it isn’t then a foul by the fighter of any sort. Those are the actual facts not your interpretation of events. One example of a fighter catching another behind the head doesn’t constitute them doing it constantly as you claim. In fact it’s a ridiculous claim regarding Taylor considering he’s unified the division - i guess you believe he’s cheated his way to that?? any idea how daft you sound and thats before we even start on Fury and Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post

one man’s rabbit punch is another man’s turning their back on or their opponent or ducking too low. Defend yourself at all times i believe is the phrase.

The thing is unless the ref rules something deliberate or reaches ten on their count regardless of when they’ve started it, again it’s out of the hands of the fighter. Moreover according to the rules it isn’t then a foul by the fighter of any sort. Those are the actual facts not your interpretation of events. One example of a fighter catching another behind the head doesn’t constitute them doing it constantly as you claim. In fact it’s a ridiculous claim regarding Taylor considering he’s unified the division - i guess you believe he’s cheated his way to that?? any idea how daft you sound and thats before we even start on Fury and Wilder?
                  As I said, the well-documented history of illegal-tactics of the mentioned fighters, cancels any argument that they are landing on the illegal-target areas by chance. You can can try to use any technical babel you like, but the informed and honest boxing fan is not a sucker.
                  KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

I think Tszyu is an overrated plodder who brings little to the division beyond name recognition.

Comment

Working...
                    X