Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Lerena Decks Bogdan Dinu Three Times, Stops him in Four

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kevin Lerena Decks Bogdan Dinu Three Times, Stops him in Four

Kevin Lerena passed his first significant test as a heavyweight Saturday night, dropping Bogdan Dinu three times en route to a fourth round knockout win at Emperors Palace in Kempton Park, South Africa.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“Dinu, who resides in Bucharest, Romania, falls to 20-4 (16 KOs). He has now lost four of his last six bouts, with losses to Anthony Joshua and Kubray Pulev”

Joshua hasn’t fought Dinu.

Comment

Just about to write the same. It's not just a typo. The guy has been writing for boxingscene for a decade and actually thinks Dinu fought Joshua! Get rid.

Comment

Kevin's team needs to build his career with wisdom. His in a long line trying to get a title shot so they need to build his career slowly and expose him to a bigger audience. If he wants to get the number one ranking in 18 months and give him stern tests he should fight again in July in the States against someone like Charles Martin then maybe in October against Junior Fa. Then January against either Wallin or Pulev that should get him into the high rankings. One of the champs might have a voluntary defense and see him as a small heavy and give him a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          Kevin's team needs to build his career with wisdom. His in a long line trying to get a title shot so they need to build his career slowly and expose him to a bigger audience. If he wants to get the number one ranking in 18 months and give him stern tests he should fight again in July in the States against someone like Charles Martin then maybe in October against Junior Fa. Then January against either Wallin or Pulev that should get him into the high rankings. One of the champs might have a voluntary defense and see him as a small heavy and give him a title shot.
          Id probably start with with a Kevin Johnson or a Mariusz Wach. It's great that he stopped Dinu but Bogdan looks completely shot and just there for a paycheck...needs to see what he can do with a tough trial horse type.

He might beat a guy like Martin but it's a risky proposition. Despite his limitations, Prince Charles can crack pretty hard and is a very big man.

Comment

Dinu was never really that good. He only moonlights as a boxer. I’d have to see the fight & the low blow. If I remember correctly Dinu has gone down like he was shot in the past from a shot that was a little low or maybe it was a borderline rabbit punch but he milked the 5 minutes given by the ref. Then again maybe it was a different fighter but didn’t his team protest one of his fights? Maybe it was for the Miller fight after he tested positive for PEDS. I just remember Dinu being involved in something that was questionable that made him look bad. Maybe I am thinking of another fighter. I never thought much of Dinu & never understood how he got such high rankings with the WBA. When did he fight Joshua? Hahaha! Right boxingscene…
            Last edited by joe strong; 03-27-2022, 09:47 AM.
            PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Id probably start with with a Kevin Johnson or a Mariusz Wach. It's great that he stopped Dinu but Bogdan looks completely shot and just there for a paycheck...needs to see what he can do with a tough trial horse type.

He might beat a guy like Martin but it's a risky proposition. Despite his limitations, Prince Charles can crack pretty hard and is a very big man.
              Tbh I think Johnson is more shot than Dinu and Kevin Lerena is an experienced fighter. If he can't deal with Martin he shouldn't be in this division. I think he stops Martin inside 6 rounds and a decent name on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post

Tbh I think Johnson is more shot than Dinu and Kevin Lerena is an experienced fighter. If he can't deal with Martin he shouldn't be in this division. I think he stops Martin inside 6 rounds and a decent name on his resume.
                I hear you. Johnson is shopworn but he still goes rounds and will occasionally test his opponent if he sees weakness (Yoan Pablo Hernandez), Dinu just looks for a soft spot on the canvas these days.

I guess we will see where Lerena and his team feel he's at with his next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I hear you. Johnson is shopworn but he still goes rounds and will occasionally test his opponent if he sees weakness (Yoan Pablo Hernandez), Dinu just looks for a soft spot on the canvas these days.

I guess we will see where Lerena and his team feel he's at with his next opponent.
                  Yes indeed my friend it will be interesting. Rodney Bermen needs to take Lerena to the States or UK he will struggle to get big names to South Africa.
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Good win for Lerena, get him a fringe guy next like Vladimir Tereshkin, Senad Gashi or Lenroy Thomas

Comment

Working...
                    X