Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Ocampo Drops Mikael Zewski Twice, Stops Him in Ninth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carlos Ocampo Drops Mikael Zewski Twice, Stops Him in Ninth

It wasn't the kind of night that Mikael Zewski (35-3, 23 KOs) wanted, but he was battered and stopped in nine rounds by Mexico's Carlos Ocampo (33-1, 20 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn't expect Zewski to get dominated although I admit my opinion of Ocampo is tainted by that blowout loss to Spence so many years ago. I thought the Canadian fighter showed some decent skills when he fought the Mean Machine, jumping out to a lead before fading and getting caught..
    Afi23 Afi23 likes this.

Comment

Good for Ocampo. The Spence wipeout is gonna hang over him, but maybe this could be a start to something good for him. He's still young and has a long career ahead of him.

Comment

Zewski is just that
        A good boxer , well rounded but no power and no second gear
        He seems to stall in that first gear , slowly giving the fight away
        Ocampo gets chit on cause of his showing to Spence but I think he can go places
        Good boxer , accurate punching and has power
        I hope he can turn his career around
        Afi23 Afi23 likes this.

Comment

Spence-Ocampo 2 on ppv next
          w1cked w1cked likes this.

Comment

I had a bad feeling for Zewski vs Ocampo.
            Being from MTL, I felt that Ocampo fight was a big step for a "homecoming" fight for Zweski. Of course, at Spence's level, Ocampo had no business being the number 1 contender but that it still means that Ocampo had reached a certain level which means a whole lot at Zewski's level.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              Zewski is just that
              A good boxer , well rounded but no power and no second gear
              He seems to stall in that first gear , slowly giving the fight away
              Ocampo gets chit on cause of his showing to Spence but I think he can go places
              Good boxer , accurate punching and has power
              I hope he can turn his career around
              Indeed, MTL boxing media were getting all excited for Michael but lots of them don't seem to follow boxing outside of the province. Of course, Ocampo was a real real threat for Michael.
              And Michael had no pop at 147, how was he suppose to keep at bay a high volume puncher at 154lbs.
              Last edited by Afi23; 03-26-2022, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post

Indeed, MTL boxing media were getting all excited for Michael but lots of them don't seem to follow boxing outside of the province. Of course, Ocampo was a real real threat for Michael.
                And Michael had no pop at 147, how was he suppose to keep at bay a high volume puncher at 154lbs.

Not sure what they saw in Ocampo that would lead them to believe that Zewski had a chance
                Sometimes it just blows me away , not sure they actually do their homework
                This was for Zewski’s WBC Americas belt and that’s why he was here

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Not sure what they saw in Ocampo that would lead them to believe that Zewski had a chance
                  Sometimes it just blows me away , not sure they actually do their homework
                  This was for Zewski’s WBC Americas belt and that’s why he was here
                  Couple of days ago, Marc Ramsay would have you believe that Makhmudov would be ready for AJ in 3-4 fights.
                  They seem to forget that we sometimes dismiss a Top 5 fighter for his lacklusting performances against other Top 5 talent but they would absolutely easily handle anyone ranked 6 and below.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post

Couple of days ago, Marc Ramsay would have you believe that Makhmudov would be ready for AJ in 3-4 fights.
                    They seem to forget that we sometimes dismiss a Top 5 fighter for his lacklusting performances against other Top 5 talent but they would absolutely easily handle anyone ranked 6 and below.
                    I agree
                    Not sure if sometimes it’s just for show or if they are for real

Comment

Working...
                    X