Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rivera: There's No World Title At Stake But For Me, This Fight Is My World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rivera: There's No World Title At Stake But For Me, This Fight Is My World Title

All the lightweight belts are tied up at the moment, but Michel Rivera still treats every fight like a championship run. The red-hot contender is set for a scheduled ten-round showdown with fellow unbeaten lightweight Joseph Adorno (14-0-2, 12KOs), with the promise of the winner going on to challenge for the division's top prize. It's a tale that Rivera has heard before, specifically after his off-the-canvas, eighth-round knockout of Spain's Jon Fernandez in their billed title eliminator last July 3 in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everybody says he’s the next Muhammad Ali

Comment

This Adorno guy looks very stiff with slow feet, but of course he does have power. Two draws in a row, with the last one where he was inactive for most of the fight but scored two knockdowns. Rivera is much more skilled and athletic. He should outbox this guy pretty safely. Then Gervonta should be next. Hopefully.

Comment

Dude looks like Julian the hawk Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
          This Adorno guy looks very stiff with slow feet, but of course he does have power. Two draws in a row, with the last one where he was inactive for most of the fight but scored two knockdowns. Rivera is much more skilled and athletic. He should outbox this guy pretty safely. Then Gervonta should be next. Hopefully.
          You’re right, Rivera is the better fighter, but both Adorno brothers were highly ranked amateurs. While I agree Rivera should win this, wouldn’t surprised me is Adorno puts up a good fight knowing this is possibly his last chance after being released by TR.

if the Rivera-Davis fight ever happens, wouldn’t surprise me one bit of Rivera wins.

Comment

Tank or Pitbull! Who got next? PBC. where's Frank Martin? Give him some shine!
            Rackz Rackz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              Dude looks like Julian the hawk Jackson
              You're right he does look more like Julian "The Hawk" Jackson, than Ali, Julian was one of the greatest knockout artist in the history of boxing.
              He might have been the one who started the pointing the (ominous) extended glove out at his opponent, extended glove following his decent to the canvas.
              One of my favorite fighters to watch back in the day, Ali was simply the greatest heavyweight fighter, and quite possibly the greatest fighter at any weight to don a pair of gloves.
              Now lets see if Josph Adorno can conjure up the spirit of Joe Frazier within himself, and drop the better boxing Michel Rivera aka the new or baby Ali?
              I'm just looking forward to seeing this fight even though Adorno hasn't made weight for his last 3 scheduled fights, loosing out on those opportunities to stay active, and progressing in his career.
              All due to a lack of discipline on his part, and now he's facing his most dangerous opponent to date after an extended period of inactivity due to his immaturity.
              This sport is not a game, you have to afford yourself every opportunity to win your scheduled fights, and it all starts with making weight, training religiously, and remaining focused.
              Good luck little Joe, who came in to heavy for his weight division on numerous occasion's, and now your facing the fight of your life.

Comment

Working...
              X