Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McKinson on Vergil Ortiz: I Heard There's No Way He's Making 147 Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McKinson on Vergil Ortiz: I Heard There's No Way He's Making 147 Again

Michael McKinson is not necessarily holding his breath at the prospect of landing another shot at Vergil Ortiz. The welterweight from Portsmouth, England was supposed to make his American debut last weekend against the hard-hitting Ortiz, but those plans were scuttled after Ortiz fell seriously ill (rhabdomyolysis) a week out from their scheduled fight, a headliner of a Golden Boy Promotions card at USC Galen Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If that's true, how about Ortiz Jr vs Tim Tszyu, I think that's a helluva war.
    kushking kushking Corelone Corelone like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      I hear what you are saying Lion and on first look sounds interesting my take is lets see how Tszyu does in the ring in his upcoming fight n I want to know more about how Jr. got sick the way he did what caused the condition. Jr. is ahead of the game in several ways to my eyes but W/ TSZ rapid development is rare in boxing most fighters develop in the ring more gradualy and get exposed faster then anywhere else. Thus match making is a skill all to itself. Anyhow good thought..........

Comment

It would be a great fight, but TsZyu is aligned with PBC now, so I wouldn’t bet in that coming to fruition anytime soon

Comment

“A lot of people think he would walk through me in six rounds,” McKinson said.

Make that "six minutes", Mikey...

Comment

I don't have a favorite, they're both hyped in a way. Tim is a home town bully and Ortiz is killing himself to KO smaller men. We'll get a better read on Tim with Gausha, but Ortiz might go to 160, as sick as he got.
            Last edited by Corelone; 03-22-2022, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Too bad if true. Ortiz vs Boots shouldve happened already since they havent fought any of the champs.

Comment

McKinson's take thoughout this interview sounds pretty level-headed (of course he thinks he can beat Ortiz so I take that comment with a grain of salt). He's probably right that he won't have an opportunity to face Vergil and Ortiz move to 154 is also most likely a foregone conclusion.

McKinson and Rocha would be interesting. I think the British fighter requires someone to push the pace for his fights to generate drama, otherwise you get what we saw Saturday night against Martin.

Comment

I just don't see him moving up to 154 just yet. There is just too much money on the table against opponents like Spence and Crawford or perhaps even Ennis.
                  L. Cipher L. Cipher likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    McKinson's take thoughout this interview sounds pretty level-headed (of course he thinks he can beat Ortiz so I take that comment with a grain of salt). He's probably right that he won't have an opportunity to face Vergil and Ortiz move to 154 is also most likely a foregone conclusion.

McKinson and Rocha would be interesting. I think the British fighter requires someone to push the pace for his fights to generate drama, otherwise you get what we saw Saturday night against Martin.
                    McKinson has a lack of power to be crippling. He gets no respect, even from the unskilled, semi retired, or one willing to lose 30 lbs in two days. He got a reprieve, lets be more appropriate. Martin showed us his level, he's safe, he can't hurt anybody.

Comment

Working...
                    X