Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexis Rocha: I Could've Gotten Blair Out Sooner, Didn't Let Hands Go in Early Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexis Rocha: I Could've Gotten Blair Out Sooner, Didn't Let Hands Go in Early Rounds

Los Angeles boxing fans were treated to a night of action at USC's Galen Center tonight, as welterweight contenders, Orange County's Alexis "Lex" Rocha (19-1, 13 KOs) and Philadelphia's Blair "The Flair" Cobbs (15-1-1, 10 KOs), collided an a grudge match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Blair the flair vs Crawford, make it happen. Just kidding. Hope Rocha gets a nice bigger fight against one of the top contenders.

Comment

I do hope Blair the Flair makes a comeback though. I mean, if he puts his hands in front of his face that will boost his defense significantly... I like his flashy style but, maybe just do that the last 30 seconds of the round; you're not going to slip every punch for the whole fight.

He made himself look like a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
        I do hope Blair the Flair makes a comeback though. I mean, if he puts his hands in front of his face that will boost his defense significantly... I like his flashy style but, maybe just do that the last 30 seconds of the round; you're not going to slip every punch for the whole fight.

He made himself look like a fool.
        Yeah, he's a good athlete and has a pretty solid chin (he took a lot of clean power shots before it got stopped), but I just marvel at how poor he is technically. He's been with Freddie Roach for a while now, so maybe Roach is slipping too because Cobbs hasn't learned **** about boxing. He doesn't have basic understanding of how to slip a punch, rather he pulls straight back out into his opponents power over and over again. He also doesn't realize that he needed to punch with Rocha to land his own stuff. He was literally letting Rocha run him down and throw with complete abandon. I like him as a character, but there is no world class fighter or even serious prospect who Cobbs can beat, and he's 32 not 22.

Comment

Working...
        X