Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Feels Good About Win, Looks Ahead To June 11 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Feels Good About Win, Looks Ahead To June 11 Return

At the sold out Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, before a crowd of 5,158 fans, unbeaten Xander Zayas was dominant in the junior middleweight co-feature on ESPN, shutting out New Orleans-based veteran Quincy LaVallais over eight rounds (80-72 2x and 80-71).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum needs to make Xander the main event and put Berlanga on the back burner. Although the fight that would make perfect sense for the Garden that weekend would be Berlanga vs Rosado. Rosado will likely end the hype job once and for all.
    Castilo Castilo Helion Helion like this.

Comment

This kid definitely passes the eye test. A prodigious young talent. His performance last night stood out against the backdrop of the hype job main events on DAZN and ESPN.

Comment

Xander disappointed me he couldn't Quincy off in the early rounds while Quincy was against the ropes and literally seemed to be hurt. Quincy took great shots but Xander being 19 didn't boost the pressure of impressing his Boxing abilities and end the night short. I don't see Xander being a elite fighter he had the co-main event platform to show the world his Boxing IQ but didn't deliver. Coach Centeno has a way better chance of reaching heights with Kambosos than what he does with Xander. I will give Xander another shot at to show his skills in the Ring but if he doesn't deliver again he will not be watched again. Xander needs to have the explosiveness and desire to be hungry. But for now It's like Kambosos is Pacquiao for Centeno and Xander is like a amir khan, just disappointment!

Comment

Originally posted by cesarmichael View Post
          Xander disappointed me he couldn't Quincy off in the early rounds while Quincy was against the ropes and literally seemed to be hurt. Quincy took great shots but Xander being 19 didn't boost the pressure of impressing his Boxing abilities and end the night short. I don't see Xander being a elite fighter he had the co-main event platform to show the world his Boxing IQ but didn't deliver. Coach Centeno has a way better chance of reaching heights with Kambosos than what he does with Xander. I will give Xander another shot at to show his skills in the Ring but if he doesn't deliver again he will not be watched again. Xander needs to have the explosiveness and desire to be hungry. But for now It's like Kambosos is Pacquiao for Centeno and Xander is like a amir khan, just disappointment!
          this was your first post ever and you set the bar pretty low for yourself. Your comparisons and overall assessment couldn’t be any more ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by cesarmichael View Post
            Either you didn't see it or watched him with an agenda. He did a lot of impressive things in the ring but was not perfect.
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I’d say if Xander could improve on anything it would be his punching power. For as many shots as he landed he should’ve gotten a stoppage. Still a very good fight and very impressive for only being 19 on that big of a stage.

Comment

Xander Zayas is a superbly conditioned, focused, and disciplined to the max fighter.
                He realized that his opponent took a very good punch, so he boxed him, and won every round of the fight.
                It was a performance worthy of high praise, considering that he is still a teenager of 19 years of age.
                Xander still hasn't filled out into his adult weight, which might be anywhere from 168-175 pounds.
                He has power right now, but he will get bigger, heavier, and much stronger, thats down right scary when you think about it.
                For those who were disappointed with his performance, your disappointment isn't warranted, and he will prove your disappointment wrong.
                This young Boricua will probably become a world champion within the next 2 years, look for that to happen around September, or December of 2023.
                Then if he's still able to maintain the same attributes stated in the first line of this post reply, we will see just how much of an appointment with destiny, as opposed to a disappointment he actually was/is.
                Time will tell, and he has time on his side, greatness might be his in the future, and at several weight division's if he can maintain his focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Arum needs to make Xander the main event and put Berlanga on the back burner. Although the fight that would make perfect sense for the Garden that weekend would be Berlanga vs Rosado. Rosado will likely end the hype job once and for all.
                  Couldn't agree more. Berlanger seems the least of the PR hopefulls.

Comment

I for one think I am looking at potential greatness unfolding with Xander Zayas.

Comment

Working...
                    X