Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis: I've Been World Champion Before, I'll Be World Champion Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis: I've Been World Champion Before, I'll Be World Champion Again

Regis Prograis has put himself in line to fight for the WBC world title after Tyrone McKenna was stopped because of a nasty cut above his eye.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How the hell did McKenna make weight? And Prograis saying how hard it is for him to make 140 .. lol

Comment

Prograis showed he's a career 140 guy. He needs to stay busy and motivated, he can beat anyone in that division right now including Taylor if he gave him a rematch (won't happen).

Comment

Really liked the performance. Also liked that Regis was ready to call out Jack Catterall and did. Even though radio Raheem was telling him not to speak and acting like a complete douche. “No you can’t touch the microphone”, I wish Prograis would have chin checked him right there, on the spot. A fighter of world class achievement has earned his mic time after a fight. More so than Radio Raheem has in 20 years of reporting on fights. I can’t stand Fury’s singing but he earned the right to sing.
        STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

I hope Regis can stay active and relevant. I feel like he's always overlooked when it comes to the big fights. He can beat anybody at 140 on the right night.

Comment

It should be easy to make 2 semi-finals & 1 final between Prograis, Zepeda, Ramirez & Catterall. I know it won't work out that easy because sh88888y boxing politics always gets in the way. I've got Regis winning. I really like this guy, he has got a lot of class. He just needs to be more active. If Regis fights 3 times a year he clears out 140.
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

When Taylor vacates the titles will be available.

Comment

Catterall, haney, mikey, ramirez, zepeda, teofimo all will be available for vacant 140 title fights against regis.

Comment

Regis looked like he should have against a sub par opponent who would get beat up in every gym in America!

Comment

Almost any decent fighter can claim that. Lol.

There can be 4-5 world champions in every division at any given time, including The Ring. Just recently, as many as 6 fighters could call themselves champions, with the WBA Regular. Then you add in Franchise, Recess, Interim.

If you are decent, you can get a title. Even if you are not a decent fighter, you can fight for a title. You can be obviously good, and fight for a title against a nobody, just to get a title easier.

It’s all messed up. So many fighters who have had a title in the 4-belt era who would never even be able to fight for a title if there was one belt per weight class. And it is obvious.

Earning all 5 belts (Ring and ABC belts), is the new real champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X