Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael McKinson Outpoints Alex Martin, Wins Dreary Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael McKinson Outpoints Alex Martin, Wins Dreary Unanimous Decision

Michael McKinson had to make the best of an unfortunate situation. The tricky British southpaw, who typically probably prefers to counter off the backfoot, found himself having to play the part of aggressor against Chicago's evasive Alex Martin, also a southpaw, in their 10-round welterweight co-feature bout on the Alexis Rocha-Blair Cobb card at the USC Galen Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Feel bad for mckinson because he's a good fighter and hes a good boxer but the style he has just won't be a fan favourite especially fans who are paying to come to shows. Also hes a nice guy out the ring aswell he hasn't gotta over the top persona promoters love to sell. So he's gonna be one of these guys whos either gonna be hard to match Because of his style or hard to sell because of his style because he isn't a puncher he knows he's not so that's why he has to fight the way he fights

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
      Feel bad for mckinson because he's a good fighter and hes a good boxer but the style he has just won't be a fan favourite especially fans who are paying to come to shows. Also hes a nice guy out the ring aswell he hasn't gotta over the top persona promoters love to sell. So he's gonna be one of these guys whos either gonna be hard to match Because of his style or hard to sell because of his style because he isn't a puncher he knows he's not so that's why he has to fight the way he fights
      Yeah spot on. Style wise he’s always reminded me of Billy Joe Saunders, slick and clever, but in no way fan friendly. BJS had the ”personality” to sell a fight (and perhaps more power) but without the mouth and controversy, not sure I ever would have wanted to watch him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
        If I ever have to see him again it needs to be a decent fighter. I won't know how to rate him until then.

Comment

This fight really improved my sex life. I slept with the entire audience

Comment

Two backfoot light punching counter punchers was a bad style matchup from the get go.

Comment

I appreciate guys pulled out, but when they said they were going to put Mackinson in with a 'spoiler'! I was, like, the referee will have to halt it to save the crowd from taking more punishment!

Comment

McKinson is a decent fighter but he needs the proper opponent in order to provide entertainment. If he has an aggressive opponent, he can play the role of matador. McKinson can show power but it usually is when he can catch his opponent with a counter they don't see coming in.
                I remember him being brought in as the opponent for Kongo. He surprisingly dropped Kongo early and completely befuddled him.
                Boxing2695 Boxing2695 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

If I ever have to see him again it needs to be a decent fighter. I won't know how to rate him until then.
                  Yeah that's fair but hes a classic counter punching boxer so he needs a aggressive fighter for him to look better because against other slick southpaws he just don't gel well with them he's alot better when a guy comes to him

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post

Yeah spot on. Style wise he’s always reminded me of Billy Joe Saunders, slick and clever, but in no way fan friendly. BJS had the ”personality” to sell a fight (and perhaps more power) but without the mouth and controversy, not sure I ever would have wanted to watch him fight.
                    Yeah he's simalier to saunders where he's a slick counter puncher who needs a guy to come to him to look good but he hasnt got as much power as saunders who wasn't a big puncher but could keep a guy honest but Because he hasn't got the power he's gonna have to be perfect for 12 rounds to win a fight which is always hard unless you're pernall Whittaker or winky wright

Comment

Working...
                    X