Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: I Know Everyone Wanted Canelo-Charlo; I Still Want That, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: I Know Everyone Wanted Canelo-Charlo; I Still Want That, Too

Stephen Espinoza remains hopeful that a Canelo Alvarez-Jermall Charlo fight still can be put together next year. Canelo-Charlo was the event Espinoza, Showtime's president of sports and event programming, and Al Haymon, the founder of Premier Boxing Champions, had hoped to make a pay-per-view headliner for May 7.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jermall hasn't fought anybody at 160 I mean he fought Dervy but was expected to win and Montiel pushed him to his limits in comparison to how easy it shouldve been. If he dont step up his competition at some point if/when he does fight Canelo he wont be ready for it.

Comment

We wanted Benavidez, Canelo, or Munguia! Fail, fail, fail! Better have some good support for Charlo vs. Sulecki! This fight sucks!
      jonnyc420 jonnyc420 Verus Verus like this.

Comment

Charlo wants Canelo at 168, but he scared of Benavidez at 168. It's not Lions only, more like Pu55y cats only.
        Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Of course you do, Stephen. In the meantime, while you wait to hopefully land the golden ticket, you'll continue to put guys like Charlo against subpar opposition. Furthermore, guys like Charlo and Benavidez will continue to claim that Canelo is the one ducking them. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm not a big Canelo fan but I respect the guy. He's right when he called out these fighters for wanting the payday without the work to get it.

Comment

So Espinosa thinks that Sulecki is the next best fight to a Canelo fight? He must know that Charlo will Not fight anyone with a pulse. Charlo has become an embarrassment to boxing.

Comment

They shoulda made Charlo Adames. Not this bs

Comment

Charlo is on the Andrade path at this point, fights that nobody cares about and fading into irrelevancy.

Comment

Yesterday was the nail in the coffin for Charlo. This fight was already trash, but to go on Hotbox with Tyson and appear scared in your speech with Mike egging you on to at the very least call these guys out...it was sad.

I thought this dude may have been the real deal when he was at 154 and stayed one extra fight to take care of Williams because JRoc was talking a lot of crap. That's the last time this dude showed any fire to be the best.

Comment

Canelo said it best, all those fighters need to fight each other and then he fights the winner. Thats the way its always been in boxing. But these young punks today want to bypass any challenges and go straight to the big money fight. They keep listening to their promoters and avoid high risk, low reward fights. Those are the kind of fights that can put a boxer over the top. Even their idol Mayweather took those type of fights, worked his tail off to get to the top, and then he "became his own boss" and earned the right to pick which fighters he wanted to step in the ring with.

Comment

Working...
                    X