Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez on Split with Golovkin: Based on Last Few Fights Leaving Me Wasn't the Right Choice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez on Split with Golovkin: Based on Last Few Fights Leaving Me Wasn't the Right Choice

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Trainer Abel Sanchez stated in a recent interview that he believes his former longtime prot?g? Gennadiy Golovkin did not make "the right choice" when they decided to part ways in 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lil G is ungrateful bum. He left his gameplan, tried to box cowardly and got beaten like a punching bag in the second fight. Then, shamelessly fired Sanchez. Sanchez is right.

Comment

I dont know if leaving Abel was the best thing for GGG pr not but I can say Abel is f u c k i n g bitter about it

Comment

shots fired

Comment

True enough words, got greedy.

Comment

He has a point. GGG hasn't looked better since leaving Sanchez, he's looked worse.

The fight with Derevyanchenko was where Golovkin really struggled, and was fortunate to get that decision.

Maybe he could beat Murata and give one more big performance against Canelo, after which that might be it for Golovkin. He has no interest in fighting Charlo or other middleweight champions or a big name super middle in Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
              Lil G is ungrateful bum. He left his gameplan, tried to box cowardly and got beaten like a punching bag in the second fight. Then, shamelessly fired Sanchez. Sanchez is right.
              Kind of agree with all this, though I’m a massive G fan.

Except I don’t think he fought cowardly in the 2nd bout. I just think Canelo brought it and pushed him back in parts, but I remember hem being toe-to-toe for large portions.

Think people have been affected by all of G’s ****-talking in the build up re: ‘Mexican style’. If he hadn’t have gone down that route, then some of his back foot fighting prob wouldn’t have elicited much response, but since he got proved embarrassingly wrong when Canelo actually came forward, I get the impression ppl have misremembered the bout as G running the whole time.
              Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

black fighters dont s......I mean Mexican trainers don't sell!...reap what you sow fuqer

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Kind of agree with all this, though I’m a massive G fan.

Except I don’t think he fought cowardly in the 2nd bout. I just think Canelo brought it and pushed him back in parts, but I remember hem being toe-to-toe for large portions.

Think people have been affected by all of G’s ****-talking in the build up re: ‘Mexican style’. If he hadn’t have gone down that route, then some of his back foot fighting prob wouldn’t have elicited much response, but since he got proved embarrassingly wrong when Canelo actually came forward, I get the impression ppl have misremembered the bout as G running the whole time.
                  Exactly. He ran his mouth the entire time. Just like his ANYONE from 154-168 BUT only at 160...

Screenshot_20220318-084009_Firefox.jpg
                  Last edited by Shadoww702; 03-18-2022, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    He has a point. GGG hasn't looked better since leaving Sanchez, he's looked worse.

The fight with Derevyanchenko was where Golovkin really struggled, and was fortunate to get that decision.

Maybe he could beat Murata and give one more big performance against Canelo, after which that might be it for Golovkin. He has no interest in fighting Charlo or other middleweight champions or a big name super middle in Benavidez.
                    Sanchez is on the outside looking in like the rest of us, but I think Sanchez is far from a neutral observer.

We know that GGG split from Sanchez. We know that GGG looked shlt against Deravyanchenko. Sanchez, being naturally biased towards himself, therefore concludes the first statement is the cause of the second.

The trouble with this is GGG's age. GGG fought Canelo when he was 36. There is no reason to believe GGG's abilities would have diminished any less in his late thirties under Sanchez.

That said, there certainly seemed to be something wrong on top of that in the Deravyanchenko fight. It's been suggested he was sick coming into that fight, and it looked like it had to be something like that. Mild virus plus age-diminished ability = seriously below par.

I don't think GGG has much chance in a third fight against Canelo, but the man still knows how to box and can still punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X