Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz On Robert Garcia Breakup: In Order To Grow, I Needed To Move On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz On Robert Garcia Breakup: In Order To Grow, I Needed To Move On

LOS ANGELES - Vergil Ortiz Jr. amicably split from trainer Robert Garcia in November after a three-year plus pact with the former world champion boxer turned coach.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hahaha Norwalk is not the heart of L,A.Maybe the armpit?!

Comment

I'm starting to think maybe it was a bad idea with what happened to Ortiz this week, not to mention GB bad management, Ortiz needs to jump ship as soon as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
        Hahaha Norwalk is not the heart of L,A.Maybe the armpit?!
        Norwalk is actually a pretty nice middle class suburd of L.A county. I would think skid row in Downtown is what you call the " armpit of L.A ".

Plus. Robles gym isn't in Norwalk anymore.
        He relocated to Israel Vasquez old gym in South Gate.

Aside from that.
        From what I've personally seen.
        Ortiz is being trained by his dad ( who's pretty good himself ).
        Robles does have a say in the training. But I think there's an understanding that he will be a " corner man " for the most part.

Comment

He's definitely growing, that's for sure.
          Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

Goes to Manny Robles then gets rhabdo.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Goes to Manny Robles then gets rhabdo.
              To be fair, that's because he went to Robles way out of shape and did not find a gym before settling on going with Robles. Vergil and father first wanted to go to Eddy Reynoso but the "time was not right" so he went to a few other SoCal gyms.

Definitely some big screw up by him and his father. Good kid and a very hard worker so I hope he learns from this and isn't in this type of situation again.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

To be fair, that's because he went to Robles way out of shape and did not find a gym before settling on going with Robles. Vergil and father first wanted to go to Eddy Reynoso but the "time was not right" so he went to a few other SoCal gyms.

Definitely some big screw up by him and his father. Good kid and a very hard worker so I hope he learns from this and isn't in this type of situation again.
                Robles is the guy who Oscar Valdez left after getting his jaw broken, and Michael Conlan left him too. Now the rhabdomyolysis thing with Vergil Ortiz.

Could be just bad luck or could be a pattern. Who knows, just an interesting quirk to note.

Comment

Robles a good trainer. Reynoso was too busy with canelo projects and they may say it was amicable but he left garcia cause he wasn’t there for the hooker fight or mean machine fight I can’t remember. Can’t take training fees and not show up to the pupils fight. Think they took offense to Reynoso pulling the same schtick
                  Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                    He's definitely growing, that's for sure.
                    Ortiz is officially a junior-middleweight !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X