Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White on Canelo-Usman: I Don't Like It, Everything About It Is Horrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dana White on Canelo-Usman: I Don't Like It, Everything About It Is Horrible

For the last few months, UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman has been trying to chase down a crossover boxing match with four division world champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Its an objectively stupid fight but obviously from Danas perspective theres also the fact that Usman, a current champ and p4p no1, would end up KTFO inside 3 rounds, and its a terrible look. A lot of the people that see it, casuals in particular, are not going to look at the finer points of the situation ie Usman being limited by the rules etc, they're just gonna see him face down on the canvas, and it will severely damage his credibility.

Comment

usman might be better than connor but hes not as famous doenst have the massive fanbase connor did.

why would dana white allow his curret champ to go get slumped by canelo, its pointless

mcgreggor was innactive in UFC and the fight was so big to not pass up. Dana didnt want to do it at first remember but it made sense in that case for the crossover fight.
      Last edited by elfag; 03-17-2022, 04:14 AM.

Comment

fight doesn't last 2 rounds. clenelo stops him. i always side with the boxer. these UFC clowns need to stay in their lane.

Comment

Not a good matchup. Also usman isnt blockbuster like mcgregor. Mcgregor vs mayweather was 2 blockbuster artist yet the boxer wasnt a ko artist. Usman vs canelo under boxing canelo would landslide usman and althe #s 2m max. Yeah an easy payday for canelo yet dana isnt going to sacrafise his champ unless record breaking. Lastly usman lack of selling 1m in his own sport, canelo would get similar ppv #s yet more respect in boxing community vs facing beterbiev

Comment

Ummm who asking to see Connor vs Floyd??? Connor had a big following in MMA and it sparked interest because it was crossover fight but did anyone really think Connor could win? Floyd carried him to make it look good and he even admitted this.
            Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
              usman might be better than connor but hes not as famous doenst have the massive fanbase connor did.

why would dana white allow his curret champ to go get slumped by canelo, its pointless

mcgreggor was innactive in UFC and the fight was so big to not pass up. Dana didnt want to do it at first remember but it made sense in that case for the crossover fight.
              I don't know much about Usman but I know Conor was famous for being the best striker in MMA and thus the best person they could put up vs a boxer.

No MMA fighter is giving a world level boxer any issues in a ​​​​​​Boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                Ummm who asking to see Connor vs Floyd??? Connor had a big following in MMA and it sparked interest because it was crossover fight but did anyone really think Connor could win? Floyd carried him to make it look good and he even admitted this.
                Yes, casuals thought he could win.

Several of my friends placed bets on him and thought he had at least some chance of a KO.

Comment

Nelo is not going to waste time with someone not related to boxing.
                  Especially if it won't generate $500 mil.

Comment

Whyte's no mug. He's been putting the kibosh on these fights for a reason.

He's more likely to let a big name boxer go to the octagon and get humiliated in front of the world than he is to let his fighters get toyed around with for 10 rounds (McGregor), or else get KTFO by a nobody.

Comment

Working...
                    X