Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz (Rhabdomyolysis) Hospitalized, Forced To Withdraw From March 19 DAZN Headliner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz (Rhabdomyolysis) Hospitalized, Forced To Withdraw From March 19 DAZN Headliner

Vergil Ortiz Jr. will have to wait another day to launch his 2022 in-ring campaign. BoxingScene.com has learned that Ortiz has fallen ill and was forced to withdraw from his upcoming bout with England's Michael McKinson, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation. The fallout comes just days ahead of the still scheduled March 19 DAZN event from USC Galen Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-15-2022, 06:43 PM.

Hope he is ok. I wonder if anybody knew he was fighting this weekend?

Comment

Whatever it is hope he gets better soon. Not exactly a fight I was looking forward to anyways.

Comment

Glad I didn't buy tickets.

...not that it's all about me, but still

Comment

Rashidi Ellis would be a great replacement.
          Ricardi Ricardi likes this.

Comment

That’s a shame. Was looking forward to this
            Hnnnggg Hnnnggg eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Every time I hear about boxers pulling out of fights at short notice my default thought is that something went wrong with the cycling off of peds. We are told the majority of pro boxers are on them - everyone except our favourite fighters. Right?

These injuries and illnesses seem to be happening more frequently too. I would have thought that Ortiz is clean but unless a medical exam is done by an un-biased org then doubts remain.

Comment

o cmon you had 3 days to recover and the guy mkinson has like 2 KOs he wouldn't of hurt you
                Victor valdez Victor valdez likes this.

Comment

Uh Oh...the wheels are starting to fall off this bytch. Oscar is mad that Dazn / Hearn didn't have his back on the Mungia fight, so he called Virgil to inform him that he just came down with a case of the flu. Dazn id starting to pull out of America (except for Canelo fights) and Oscar is starting to realize that the bienestar checks are beginning to dry up. Man - o -man looks like there'sa problema in MEH - HEE - COE!

Comment

Still want to see Cobbs vs. Rocha.

Comment

Working...
                    X