Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz On Michael McKinson: Put 'Em In Front Of Me, I'll Take 'Em Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz On Michael McKinson: Put 'Em In Front Of Me, I'll Take 'Em Out!

Michael McKinson was relatively unknown to most in the industry by the time he was named to next face Vergil Ortiz Jr. The only thing that Ortiz needed to know about the unbeaten Brit was that he agreed to the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lots of people are looking past McKinson. The guy can box and he’s tricky as well. I can definitely see him giving Ortiz trouble and I’m expecting this to be his first time going past 8 rounds. Also excited for Alexis Rocha vs Blair Cobbs. Solid card overall.

Comment

Does McKinson have anything to keep Ortiz Jr off him?

He's got one of the worst ko percentages out there, but maybe he do something. Doubtful, but let's see, boxing is not on paper.

The welterweight division is pretty good, but the top five or six, if you exclude Ugas, don't fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
        Lots of people are looking past McKinson. The guy can box and he’s tricky as well. I can definitely see him giving Ortiz trouble and I’m expecting this to be his first time going past 8 rounds. Also excited for Alexis Rocha vs Blair Cobbs. Solid card overall.
        He's definitely live but he just doesn't have anything to keep Ortiz off him, he will be tricky and maybe win a few rounds but i expect Ortiz to walk through him, having said that i would comfortably pick Mckinson to school Connor Benn.
        Ortiz & Ennis are the future kings of the division & i cant wait to see who comes out on top

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

He's definitely live but he just doesn't have anything to keep Ortiz off him, he will be tricky and maybe win a few rounds but i expect Ortiz to walk through him, having said that i would comfortably pick Mckinson to school Connor Benn.
          Ortiz & Ennis are the future kings of the division & i cant wait to see who comes out on top
          You’re right about the punching power. McKinson unfortunately doesn’t have the power to make Ortiz respect him. McKinson vs Benn is a matchup that I’d really like to see. Ennis is a problem and he’ll definitely be a world champion soon. Him Ortiz are the future of the division, but between the two, I believe that Ennis the more talented fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Does McKinson have anything to keep Ortiz Jr off him?

He's got one of the worst ko percentages out there, but maybe he do something. Doubtful, but let's see, boxing is not on paper.

The welterweight division is pretty good, but the top five or six, if you exclude Ugas, don't fight each other.
            Low ko record but he has dropped 4 of his last opponents. Granted at a lower level but still

Comment

21-0 with 2KO’s?

TWO knockouts?

Is this a transgender trying to make it in men’s boxing?

Good god. That’s a KO % straight from the women’s division.

What the hell does he do in the ring? Does he even throws punches? Does he play tag in there?

You can’t possibly go too far in boxing with that kind of power. You just can’t. Not in men’s boxing.

Look at Brad Solomon for example.

Paulie Maliggnagi went far, became champion, but he was an exception and even he fell short more times than not. Paulie in his prime was also incredibly tough.

Two KO’s though. Damn. This is going to be interesting. Please make me eat crow.
              slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
                Chances are the ring will be on the smaller side though. DAZN isn’t going to put this fight in USC to bore everyone to death with a tricky 12 round decision. This guy is being placed in there to get blasted out of there. Looks like a stay busy fight.

As a boxer who likes to move, but lacks power, or can’t hurt their opponent, there is only so many tricks you can do against a fast, powerful, relentless fighter. If this guy manages to go the distance vs Ortiz, it will say a lot more about what Ortiz lacks than how great McKinson is.

Brad Solomon was a technically very skilled boxer. He lacked pop so much, but he still got W’s just because of how fundamentally sound he was. But all those skills were for not when he was stopped by Ortiz for the first time in his career.

Comment

We will see if he says this in his next fight against Terence Duckford

Comment

Vergil is one of the best things in years to happen in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X