Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury Wants Helenius and Dubois-Bryan Winner, Says BOXXER's Shalom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury Wants Helenius and Dubois-Bryan Winner, Says BOXXER's Shalom

Heavyweight contender Hughie Fury is looking for the biggest fight possible, according to promoter Ben Shalom of BOXXER. Fury, the cousin of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, has been ordered by the WBA to fight Robert Helenius.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let’s see which one can keep the momentum going. Hughie vs Helenius is an interesting fight. I think Hughie could win this one. He has a great chin & has more skill than Kownacki. Helenius is getting long in the tooth so it is a must win if he wants to get a title shot.

Comment

Surprised Chisora doesn’t want this fight. Probably looking for absolute elite contests before retiring, because I can see even Hughie Fury, who i do not rate at all, giving him a beating over 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
        Surprised Chisora doesn’t want this fight. Probably looking for absolute elite contests before retiring, because I can see even Hughie Fury, who i do not rate at all, giving him a beating over 12 rounds
        My guess is either the money isn't right or that Del Boy knows he needs to be entertaining at this stage of his career (even in defeat). Fury has a decent chin, crafty, but pillow fisted and risk averse. He does not make for entertainment. Worst possible outcome for Chisora is that he gets his ears boxed off in a snoozefest. That's highly possible with Hughie.
        P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Let’s see which one can keep the momentum going. Hughie vs Helenius is an interesting fight. I think Hughie could win this one. He has a great chin & has more skill than Kownacki. Helenius is getting long in the tooth so it is a must win if he wants to get a title shot.
          This is some decent matchmaking by Hughie's team. Nibbling at the margins of relevancy and trying to pick off the more vulnerable fringe contenders.

Hughie isn't as bad as some make him out to be. He has a chin, he has some boxing skills but he doesn't have power and he fights a safety first fight. Helenius has mileage on him, not sure how durable he is and what his gas tank is like these days. I could see it going either way but I might even favor the younger, fresher Hughie.
          P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

This is some decent matchmaking by Hughie's team. Nibbling at the margins of relevancy and trying to pick off the more vulnerable fringe contenders.

Hughie isn't as bad as some make him out to be. He has a chin, he has some boxing skills but he doesn't have power and he fights a safety first fight. Helenius has mileage on him, not sure how durable he is and what his gas tank is like these days. I could see it going either way but I might even favor the younger, fresher Hughie.
            The WBA is the one that ordered Hughie/Helenius. I’m assuming it is an eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              The WBA is the one that ordered Hughie/Helenius. I’m assuming it is an eliminator.
              Yep, I was referencing the fights against Wach and Hammer and the mentions of Chisora and Bryan I'm addition to Helenius.
              Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

My guess is either the money isn't right or that Del Boy knows he needs to be entertaining at this stage of his career (even in defeat). Fury has a decent chin, crafty, but pillow fisted and risk averse. He does not make for entertainment. Worst possible outcome for Chisora is that he gets his ears boxed off in a snoozefest. That's highly possible with Hughie.
                That would be terrible for all involved (apart from Fury, obv.)

Comment

Has Hughie learned to punch yet or is he still hammer fisting in a panic?
                  Shame, like his cousin he's a tough lad.
                  Like his cousin did, he needs a complete change of team behind him.

Comment

I'm curious to see Helenius again, even against Hughie...zzzzz....Fury. Sorry, I fell asleep for a second writing that. Is Helenius rejuvenated or does he just have Kownacki's number? Personally, I feel like Helenius is better than ever (health and skill-wise), though I still don't think he poses a real threat to the top guys in the division. But, I want to see The Nordic Nightmare in the ring again soon. There are a lot of interesting HW match-ups for him.
                    Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X