Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan Calls For Rematch With Leigh Wood Following Frightening 12th-Round TKO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan Calls For Rematch With Leigh Wood Following Frightening 12th-Round TKO Loss

Michael Conlan maintained his sense of humor in the emotional aftermath of his devastating defeat to Leigh Wood on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Conlan was fortunate to hurt Wood early because he was able to bank a lot a rounds while Wood was still on queer street.

Looking at the scorecards Conlan wasn’t going to be leaving England with the titles unless he won the 12th.

Comment

I’m just glad he’s in good enough shape to suggest a rematch. I thought he was way ahead going into the 12th turns out he was likely looking at a draw.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

How the Judges had it so close is ridiculous, Wood got schooled, bar the last 2 rounds.

Comment

Even Woods trainer and promoter said he needed a knockout! More bad judging! lucky it wasn't left to the judges!

Comment

Tough break for Conlan.

On another note, I kinda forgot Conlan was with TR. I remember when it was Crawford, Loma, Stevenson & Conlan all being promoted as TRs big four. & for a while it seemed like Conlan and Shakur were being built up simultaneously but then Conlan kinda just slipped to the wayside.

Comment

If there was ever a fight that deserved a rematch when it ended up brutally its this one.

Wood was done in the first if it wasn't for the bell and the ref really giving him the benefit of the doubt and guiding him to his corner while he was absolutely out of it. If it wasn't the end of the round that was getting waved straight off. I had Conlan well ahead but credit to Wood for getting back into the fight. What he lacks in skills and ability he sure makes up in will.

Very good fight, definitely deserving of a rematch.
              Motofan Motofan likes this.

Comment

Rematch is not good for Conlan. The next think to happen is he will end up in ICU....

Comment

Bum Davidson is a shit trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by con85 View Post
                    How the Judges had it so close is ridiculous, Wood got schooled, bar the last 2 rounds.
                    Not really. After the knock down I think the widest you could have it was 3 points (4 if you gave a 10-8 for the second, which I didn't).

Wood won a few rounds, had a knockdown. At the point of the knockout it was going to be close.

Calling this one ridiculous diminishes how ridiculous some cards are. This one wasn't ridiculous.

Having him way ahead suggests people weren't scoring it.
                    Last edited by Toffee; 03-13-2022, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X