Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Cully Blasts Out Miguel Vazquez, Terri Harper Wins Return Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Cully Blasts Out Miguel Vazquez, Terri Harper Wins Return Bout

Terri Harper got back to winning ways as the former WBC super-featherweight champion completely outboxed Yamila Abellaneda to claim a one-sided unanimous decision in her first fight at lightweight on the Wood-Conlan undercard in Nottingham.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have to look for footage of Cully...not many people blast out Vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post
      I have to look for footage of Cully...not many people blast out Vasquez.
      Vazquez got old tonight. Not taking anything away from Cully but it's time for Vazquez to hang it up.

The wars with Canelo (twice), Bradley, Mendez, Gesta, Shafikov, Bey, etc caught up with him.
      BritJimbo BritJimbo likes this.

Comment

Cully is like a lightweight Fundora kinda

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Vazquez got old tonight. Not taking anything away from Cully but it's time for Vazquez to hang it up.

The wars with Canelo (twice), Bradley, Mendez, Gesta, Shafikov, Bey, etc caught up with him.
          Yeah, he must be pretty shop worn by now but I reckon a 6' 2" LW is a difficult proposition for most LWs. I would say that I don't think Bey-Vasquez can count as a war - I have that fight etched on my memory for all the wrong reasons - one of the worst fights I've ever seen
          1Eriugenus 1Eriugenus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Cully is like a lightweight Fundora kinda
            6ft 2 and 135lbs - that is amazing - if he was a HW he'd be like the tallest basketball player - 7ft 6" ?

Comment

I can remember being surprised by Tommy Hearns being 6'1 at 147. 6'2 at 135 is unbelievable. Clearly, a really good fighter is going to be able to deal with all sorts of problems, but, sheesh, WTF do you do when you're, like 5'7 & they put you in with a guy thats 6'2! Well, I guess you don't stay on the outside & jab.

Comment

Cully has a disturbing look.

Comment

Cully looked decent from what I could tell but Vasquez looked pretty shot to me. The KO punch didn't look like it had much on it but it still managed to drop the veteran and make him take the full count. Not sure I'm a fan of the "The Diva" nickname with the super long tassels and pink shorts. Just a tad *much"...

Harper looked better with the weight move.im guessing the previous weight cut affected her punch resistance (not saying that's what she lost to Baumgardner but maybe that's why she looked like a robot that got a short circuit).
                  Last edited by PBR Streetgang; 03-13-2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Canelo's old wife is finished.

Comment

Working...
                    X