Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erica Farias Shocks Sandy Ryan With Split Decision Over Ten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erica Farias Shocks Sandy Ryan With Split Decision Over Ten

Former two-weight world champion Erica Farias rolled back the years as she ended the unbeaten record of Sandy Ryan with a split decision on the Wood-Conlan card in Nottingham.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Missed the last last 3 rounds heard the scorecards were all over the place again though ?

Comment

Shocks?

This was a 3 fight novice against a 2 division champion.

Farias won every single round despite a bogus point deduction.

They tried their hardest to rob Farias but the fight just wasn't remotely close. Only the 6th could've been reasonably scored for Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Missed the last last 3 rounds heard the scorecards were all over the place again though ?
        To be fair to the judges it was one of those fights where they were both landing plenty, especially from the mid rounds on. Few close rounds that could have gone either way. I had Sandy Ryan shading it, especially with the point off for Farias.
        REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post

To be fair to the judges it was one of those fights where they were both landing plenty, especially from the mid rounds on. Few close rounds that could have gone either way. I had Sandy Ryan shading it, especially with the point off for Farias.
          I’ll rewind it back later when I had to leave for a few I thought Ryan was winning after 5 .
          Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post

This is a horrible take.

Only the 6th round could've gone either way.

The only possible legitimate scorecards are 9-1 or 10-0 Farias. It was a blowout. And the point deduction was completely bogus; a transparent attempt to save the home fighter who was clearly getting dominated out there.

Comment

The Great Nash, one of the best boxing scorers of all time had it 97-92 Farias. Anyone scoring this close or for Ryan have no idea. B.S point deduction, Ryan won 1 clear round, and I gave her one more which was an either way round. Farias gave her a lesson. One A-Star judge had it Ryan 97-93! Instant sacking offence for Nash that is. Nash out.

Comment

The guy who scored it for Ryan evidently got the funds wired to his account in time. The other two gave Eddie the wrong a account numbers, didn't get the ££££ so scored the fight fairly.

These things happen from time to time.
                paulf paulf MANNY67 MANNY67 like this.

Comment

It was close. The last round really sealed it for farias. Ryan is gonna be a very good boxer this fight was a bit too early for her. Ryan won 3/4 rounds then the point deduction it shouldn’t have been any scores for Ryan but the right girl won so no harm I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    The guy who scored it for Ryan evidently got the funds wired to his account in time. The other two gave Eddie the wrong a account numbers, didn't get the ££££ so scored the fight fairly.

These things happen from time to time.
                    None of the cards were fair. Just because the other two scored it for Farias doesn't mean they scored it correctly.

Ryan had an argument for one round. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                    X