Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Bivol. Charlo-Castano, Ennis, Fury-Whyte, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Bivol. Charlo-Castano, Ennis, Fury-Whyte, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castano rematch, Jaron Ennis, Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol, Mike Tyson, Tyson Fury vs. Dillian Whyte, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And presently Artur Beterbiev is more deserving than Dmitri Bivol.

and this is where the fan boy logic flies out the window. Beterbiev is a unified champion and did so by beating another undefeated champion in the division yet he’s not in the radar. So much for the “what have they done to deserve it argument”.
    millcitymauler millcitymauler likes this.

Comment

"Bivol is a respectable talented opponent. But I favor Canelo to knock him out or make him submit and go into survival mode. Canelo has turned into one of the more intimidating fighters in all of boxing."

The guy knows the boxing. Beterbiev is real deal.

Comment

Well, I think with the Ennis situation, it's safe to say it's definitely fear by both Crawford and Spence, let's keep it real. The whole saying,"high risk, low reward" is the definition of fear. Think about it, if you have no fear, there is no high risk, because you are confident in your abilities and see no one as high risk regardless of wether you can beat someone, that goes out the window, if you are confident, you see yourself overcoming any obstacle. So again, people who sees another fighter in that manner, has some doubts in his head, the doubt that I might not beat that guy, and my career takes a turn. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Crawford or Spence are hiding in a corner, but they both know the danger that Ennis and Ortiz brings, and they would rather those 2 face each other and take something from each other before they are even considered, I say the hell to that notion, Spence and Crawford need to act like champions and give these high rated contenders a shot and act like champions especially Crawford who really has not beaten anyone of note at WW, Porter was a nice win, but come on, he was at the end of his career. I hope the sanctioning bodies force these guys to take on these young lions so we can see who is who. Ortiz and Ennis should only fight each other once they have belts around their waist.

Comment

Great
          question about prime Tyson vs Ali..Ali would eat him up on the inside, ali would initiate the sequence imo..he had reach but he wouldn't fight at range..Tyson can closely the distance well but that plays into Alis advantages I'm this mythical matchup.
          Great MM

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
            Well, I think with the Ennis situation, it's safe to say it's definitely fear by both Crawford and Spence, let's keep it real. The whole saying,"high risk, low reward" is the definition of fear. Think about it, if you have no fear, there is no high risk, because you are confident in your abilities and see no one as high risk regardless of wether you can beat someone, that goes out the window, if you are confident, you see yourself overcoming any obstacle. So again, people who sees another fighter in that manner, has some doubts in his head, the doubt that I might not beat that guy, and my career takes a turn.
            Pretty much. It's hard to criticize fighters who choose easier fights for more money because, ultimately, I'm not the person getting in the ring. But from a fan perspective, it's frustrating as hell. Compelling matchups in this sport are nowadays a rarity amongst the fluff PPV fights that would've been suitable as undercards of epic events like Hagler-Hearns.

Comment

I've been saying 5 judge's for year's, won't stop a judge from having an off night but we might get better results.
              Bivol is a Russian, nothing personal but send them all home and cut them off until Putin is stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
                Great
                question about prime Tyson vs Ali..Ali would eat him up on the inside, ali would initiate the sequence imo..he had reach but he wouldn't fight at range..Tyson can closely the distance well but that plays into Alis advantages I'm this mythical matchup.
                Great MM
                You serious? Head hunter Ali? 80s Tysons speed & movement, we can agree to disagree on that one.
                No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

Im gonna laugh my ass off at the haters if Jaime beats Charlo and Plant beats Benavidez.

I expect Smith to put up a good fight with Biev.

I can see one of them losing

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    And presently Artur Beterbiev is more deserving than Dmitri Bivol.

and this is where the fan boy logic flies out the window. Beterbiev is a unified champion and did so by beating another undefeated champion in the division yet he’s not in the radar. So much for the “what have they done to deserve it argument”.
                    Lul at "biev not on the radar"..
                    lets be honest, nobody wants beterbiev in their radar for a reason and u know what that is

Comment

Working...
                    X