Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Benavidez 'Working On Closing A Deal' With Caleb Plant: 'Hopefully That Guy Doesn't Back Out'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Benavidez 'Working On Closing A Deal' With Caleb Plant: 'Hopefully That Guy Doesn't Back Out'

The ball, apparently, is in Caleb Plant's court. Jose Benavidez Sr., the father, manager, and trainer of 168-pound contender David Benavidez, alerted the boxing world Friday that he and his team were working to "close" a deal with former 168-pound titlist Caleb Plant. The two fighters, neither of whom are much of a fan of the other, have been circling each other for the past several years but have thus far failed to transfer their animus into an actual ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Also Team Benavidez: “To fight Andrade they (DAZN) will have to pay us $7mill or no Andrade fight!”
    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Nice! About time. He still got to get by Lemuix which should be a violent fight

Comment

And so, Plant has decided this is his last year as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Nice! About time. He still got to get by Lemuix which should be a violent fight
          I don’t rate Benavidez too highly (yet, he’s green), but at no point would Lemeiuex have been a violent fight for Benavidez.

I am not saying Lemiuex isn’t a good fighter just because of his 4 losses. But it is who has beaten him and how he was beaten that makes me say, he would have never been an issue to Benavidez. Even a green Benavidez should have no problem with Lemiuex. If he does, then yikes.

I would like to think Benavidez is better than Rubio and Alcine, at least. And the jury is still out on if he is better than Saunders. I think Saunders is fundamentally better, but Benavidez power might net “better looking” wins. For example, where BJS decisioned Lemiuex, Benavidez may KO Lemiuex. But so did Rubio.

Comment

Caleb Plant has become exposed as a boxer that can't handle power punches. He'll lose, most likely by a knockout.

I'd rather see Benavidez vs Dirrell in a rematch. Dirrell started to outbox Benavidez in their first encounter. If it wasn't for a cut stoppage, I was expecting that fight to go to the scorecards.....where a decision would have been up for grabs. Dirrell and Benavidez are both calling for Canelo. I would like to see them fight each other, with the winner getting Canelo.

But Plant is done. Let him fight Saunders - another pretender.

Comment

This is a great fight if it happens, this is what should be happening at the top level across all weight divisions more often, all the top contenders fighting each other.
              batista84 batista84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
                Caleb Plant has become exposed as a boxer that can't handle power punches. He'll lose, most likely by a knockout.

I'd rather see Benavidez vs Dirrell in a rematch. Dirrell started to outbox Benavidez in their first encounter. If it wasn't for a cut stoppage, I was expecting that fight to go to the scorecards.....where a decision would have been up for grabs. Dirrell and Benavidez are both calling for Canelo. I would like to see them fight each other, with the winner getting Canelo.

???? What u smoking up there? Ain't no shame losing to P4P #1. U casuals say some dumb sht.

Comment

"I'd like to see XXXX fight dirrell". First time those words have ever been used.
                  Clegg Clegg kushking kushking like this.

Comment

He went 11 rds before being stopped and was winning the fight in some people eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X