No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood-Michael Conlan: Stats and Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood-Michael Conlan: Stats and Stakes

By Cliff Rold - There are arguments made sometimes that the Olympics mean less than they used to in boxing. It's an argument made in folly. Olympic appearances, or success, may not always be an accurate predictor of the future but they sure give a hell of a foundation. Ireland's Michael Conlan made two appearances. His second, ended with a controversial decision loss and a therapeutic middle finger to the disarray of the unpaid game, gave him a name identification no other stage could have.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I got Wood. He came up the hard way, I think he's a stiff challenge with swelling ambitions.

Comment

if Conlan gets dragged into a dog-fight Wood stands a chance of KO-ing him but if Conlan is as quickon his feet as he normally is and uses the ring to make Wood chase him while pot-shotting Wood then this will be a frustrating night for Wood.

Comment

I know hype and perception and playing the fans for the attention to draw eye's on the fight are important for these guys still Woods seems more of a fighter first, made his breaks did not play up the St. Paddy's Day shows in the USA the way Conlan has.(or at least my recall of him)... And I never liked the idea of beating a guy by staying away from him for ten rounds as making for an interesting fight. My hope is that they both decide to test each others limits and the refs and judges keep out of the headlines after it is over. Not a big fight but fight when the weekend is slim pickings.

Comment

Whoddathunk this one would be a barn burner?!!!

Comment

2022 foty!!!!!!

Comment

Best fight I've seen for some time
              and clean KO

Comment

Working...
              X