Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marc Leach Outpoints Chris Bourke, Wins British Super Bantamweight Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marc Leach Outpoints Chris Bourke, Wins British Super Bantamweight Title

Marc Leach claimed the vacant British super-bantamweight title as he produced a brilliant display of boxing on the move to claim a unanimous decision over Chris Bourke at York Hall in East London. Speed won the day for Leach, as it had when the 27-year-old record his breakthrough win over Qais Ashfaq in 2020. He drew Bourke forward throughout, but kept out of range and punished Bourke when he missed, which was often.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-12-2022, 01:56 AM.

Great performance from Leach tonight. I favoured Bourke in this matchup but Leach fully deserved the nod tonight. Would like to see him face Brad Foster or Jason Cunningham in the near future.
    Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Great performance from Leach tonight. I favoured Bourke in this matchup but Leach fully deserved the nod tonight. Would like to see him face Brad Foster or Jason Cunningham in the near future.
      Agreed, Leach showed some quality head move/upper body movement and great footwork. I was impressed the last time I saw him as the ‘away’ fighter too, against Qais Ashfaq.
      Carl Frampton was right after with his comments, the judge’s scorecards were poor again, and I don’t know what fight Terry O’Connor was watching - 116 to 113 to Leach was an insult to Leach!

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post

Agreed, Leach showed some quality head move/upper body movement and great footwork. I was impressed the last time I saw him as the ‘away’ fighter too, against Qais Ashfaq.
        Carl Frampton was right after with his comments, the judge’s scorecards were poor again, and I don’t know what fight Terry O’Connor was watching - 116 to 113 to Leach was an insult to Leach!
        Yeah he’s a pretty good pressure fighter. Knows how to get inside and has good output. I first saw Leach when he was boxing at Ardwick ABC in the 2014 ABA finals, he lost to Lucien Reid but you could tell he’d be a fighter better suited to the pro’s.

He’s done very well considering he’s had little backing promotionally, as you said he’s been in the away corner several times. Hopefully Frank gets behind him now because I think he’s got potential.

And yeah Fat Terry was at it again. I had it 117-111 Leach.
        edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X