Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Remarkable Second Act Puts Chocolatito in Good Career Company

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Remarkable Second Act Puts Chocolatito in Good Career Company

by Lyle Fitzsimmons - The more I looked at Roman Gonzalez on Saturday, the more I thought of someone else. Nonito Donaire. To be clear, no. The two don't remind me of one another stylistically. Gonzalez is among the best I've ever seen when it comes to shifting between offense and defense, while I've never been too high on Donaire other than respecting his obvious power and undeniable will.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Donaire and Gonzales both have cemented their legacy. I'm positive Nonito will beat both Rigo and Inoue 2nd time they will engage, Fitzimmons knows **** about boxing.

Comment

Man, the internet is just so starved for content that they will upload anything that any random "writer" spits out. Lyle Fitzsimmons has made a career writing this exact kind of zero-knowledge, stream-of-conscious drivel. Everybody and their brother is a "sports writer" in the age of the Internet. Thank God nobody actually pays for this stuff.
      Last edited by NachoMan; 03-08-2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Choco did impress me very much and in awe with his style and conditioning. I don't think anyone can do it better right now .

Comment

Who is this clown of a writer.. guy doesn't know **** about boxing lol.. Nonito ain't good..? ok. Sure buddy.. ******* left out that Nonito lost to Inoue but he broke his ****ing face and the KD was kinda the difference.. but hey idiot got me responding about his stupid piece so who's really the fool lol

Comment

Who is this freaking loser they have writing an article like this? Nonito has beaten many excellent fighters but the uninformed writer here doesn’t seem to know lighter weight fighters unless their all-time greats like Gonzalez. I guess the B team of writers are on duty early in the week

Comment

Never been too high on Nonito ****ing Donaire?

Donaire vs big 4 top titlists and/or Ring or lineal champions (no interim, regular, diamond, ibo, or other nonsense secondary belts):
              W vs Vic Darchinyan TKO 5
              W vs Moruti Mthalane TKO 6
              W vs Hernan Marquez TKO 8
              W vs Volodymyr Sydorenko KO 4
              W vs Fernando Montiel TKO 2
              W vs Omar Narvaez UD 12
              W vs Wilfredo Vazquez Jr SD 12
              W vs Jeffrey Mathebula UD 12
              W vs Toshiaki Nishioka TKO 9
              W vs Jorge Arce KO 3
              L vs Guillermo Rigondeaux UD 12
              W vs Vic Darchinyan TKO 9
              W vs Simpiwe Vetyeka TD 5
              L vs Nicholas Walters TKO 6
              L vs Jesse Magdaleno UD 12
              L vs Carl Frampton UD 12
              W vs Ryan Burnett RTD 4
              L vs Naoya Inoue UD 12
              W vs Nordine Oubaali KO 4

An even more accurate way would be to list his record vs top 10 Ring/TBRB opponents, but he's fought so damn many that I don't want to put in the effort and dig through the archives that much.

112: IBF champion
              115: WBA interim (needs to go back down to 115 and get a real belt to be a 5 division titlist)
              118: WBC/WBO champion (first reign), WBA champion (second reign), WBC champion (third reign)
              122: IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal champion (first reign), WBO champion (second reign)
              126: WBA champion

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                by Lyle Fitzsimmons - The more I looked at Roman Gonzalez on Saturday, the more I thought of someone else. Nonito Donaire. To be clear, no. The two don't remind me of one another stylistically. Gonzalez is among the best I've ever seen when it comes to shifting between offense and defense, while I've never been too high on Donaire other than respecting his obvious power and undeniable will.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Is this "article" a boost for Gonzalez of a diatribe against Donaire. This guy, whom I one thought a good writer, is getting worse by the week. Sounds more and more "ubertbottledt"...if you know what I mean. Either smoking something or sniffing. Maybe just booze as I've suggested.

Comment

Working...
                X