Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Benavidez, Beterbiev, Well-Trained GGG Are Threats To Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Benavidez, Beterbiev, Well-Trained GGG Are Threats To Canelo

Veteran trainer Abel Sanchez has been in the opposite corner against Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on two separate occasions. Sanchez is the former longtime trainer of middleweight champion Gennadiy Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I just think Beterbiev is too slow.

Comment

Beterbiev and Benavidez have a chance of beating him. As does Bivol.

Golovkin is too old now.
      Victor valdez Victor valdez likes this.

Comment

Fair assessment by Sanchez.

Perhaps Golovkin has one great fight left in him, but if he is lethargic as against Derevyanchenko, he could be stopped by Canelo.

But anyway, Bivol shouldn't be underestimated, and GGG is not a sure thing against the Japanese fighter Ryota.

Comment

I'm surprised he still has GGG's back after G did him wrong according to him.

Comment

Only power puncher pressure fighters can beat Canelo. Forget Bivol or Lil G. Beterbiev has a genuine chance.

Comment

Sanchez is a idiot. The only two fighters that can beat clenelo are Charlo and Benavidez

Comment

The best-case scenario is for GGG to lose to Murata and Canelo to lose against Bivol in May and also in the September rematch. That will open up the 160 to 175 divisions to all types of great matches and force fighters to actually work instead of begging for fights with Canelo.

Comment

I, too, agree Charlo is a threat. To Abel's point, it seems like a pressure fighter would be the best chance of being Canelo. As for GGG, let's see how he looks against Murata. Is he looking fresh like Chocolatito or a shell of himself like he was against Derevyanchenko? And the fight with Bivol should be good. Tactical. I think Beterbiev - due to his combination of size, power, & skill - and Benavidez - due to his combination of stamina/youth, punch volume, & self-belief - are the two biggest threats to Canelo. Not saying anybody beats Canelo at this point, but they should all be good/close fights. Certainly better competition that who Canelo has beat recently.

Comment

Last time they fought it was canelo who walked golovkin down.

Comment

Working...
                    X