Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito Mesmerizes In Dominant Win Over Julio Cesar Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chocolatito Mesmerizes In Dominant Win Over Julio Cesar Martinez

By Corey Erdman - Roman Gonzalez's earliest memories of fighting are from his childhood on the streets of Managua. Long before Alexis Arguello became his mentor and named him Chocolatito, before he became so iconic that he would be mononymous, he was the smallest kid in his friend group playing soccer. Particular spots in the neighborhood were of high value for kids looking to get a game of footy in, and with some regularity, Gonzalez and his friends had to physically fight off kids trying to take their spot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

After watching this fight, I think i might bet on Estrada in a trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      After watching this fight, I think i might bet on Estrada in a trilogy.
      I love Chocolatito but I can see what you mean. He was definitely impressive vs Martinez... but the Chocolatito thought fought Estrada 1 & 2 was not prevalent last night vs Martinez. The version of Choco in the Estrada rematch would've stopped Martinez last night. But it was a dominating performance nonetheless. I hope Choco gets his revenge on Estrada, he certainly deserved the victory over Estrada. That 117-111 for Estrada in the rematch was ****ing criminal.
      No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

Although Gonzalez played his part in it, Iuntil I watched this fight, I didn't realise how poor Martinez was. Hands down, no defence etc., his "switching" accomplishes nothing. No wonder Gonzalez had no problem accepting the fight, Martinez was made to measure for him!

Comment

Martinez had the inexplicable habit of lowering his hands and letting the opponent knock his head around. I took it as idiot bravado because he’d wave his gloves as if to invite Chocolatito in. Some of those exchanges will end up in YouTube highlight videos of cocksure boxers getting their front teeth folded back.

Comment

Choco was persistent, he surrendered nothing took what was there did not fear the power but did show respect for an odd ball shot coming at him. But the pin point shots he thru were his skill and not J.C.s lack of whatever. Concentration and exacting his punches. it was not fight of the year but it was boxing clinic of the year but it is early. Good to see a fighter use everything he has in the ring.
            LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

A total master class by chocolatito. And his body looks more muscular than ever. Expect Estrada to derail the rematch indefinitely

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post

I love Chocolatito but I can see what you mean. He was definitely impressive vs Martinez... but the Chocolatito thought fought Estrada 1 & 2 was not prevalent last night vs Martinez. The version of Choco in the Estrada rematch would've stopped Martinez last night. But it was a dominating performance nonetheless. I hope Choco gets his revenge on Estrada, he certainly deserved the victory over Estrada. That 117-111 for Estrada in the rematch was ****ing criminal.
                It's the exact opposite, Chocolatito's defense just keeps getting better and better. Chocolatito already said he could have knocked out Martinez if he wanted to but that he was simply following his corner's gameplan. I've never seen Gallo beat Choco, and he definitely won't beat him in the trilogy.

Comment

I like chocolatito but of course he he looked great against a sloppy, inexperienced guy moving up in weight class...

Comment

Chocolatito was the bigger man, in more than one way.

Comment

Working...
                    X