Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Open To Facing Jack Catterall at Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Open To Facing Jack Catterall at Catch-Weight

Undisputed junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor is willing to have a rematch with Jack Catterall - but maintains the position that it can't happen at 140pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Taylor's team is blowing it. He needs to do an immediate rematch with Catterall. Andre Ward said it exactly right during the broadcast. You can't go through your career and the rest of your life with this on your back. You will hear it mentioned everywhere.

After the first Kovalev fight, Ward got so much hate for the draw. When Ward KOed Kovalev in the 2nd fight, people's opinion on Ward changed and you no longer heard the same amount of whispers - even though the ref blew it, by stopping it early or not giving Kov a break.

Catterall is the biggest fight out there for Taylor. And based on how the fight went in the later rounds, Taylor class proved over time; Taylor is the better fighter.
    Last edited by aaronbnb; 03-06-2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Catterall was robbed, he won that fight no doubt, but the idea of him fighting for four vacant titles is ridiculous and just isn’t plausible.

I think it plays out like this:
      Catterall vs Barboza Jr for the WBO.
      Ramirez-Zepeda rematch for the WBC.
      Ponce vs Matias for the IBF.
      And f*** the WBA their top 10 is an absolute disgrace.
      Castilo Castilo Sosay Sosay like this.

Comment

Jack Catteral has to for it.

I stated in the post fight aftermath, that Josh Taylor will not enjoy the fall out.

He will be bothered by the mass opinion, that he lost the fight. I told people that it would get to him.

I described Taylor, as a fighters fighter. He would want to face Catteral again, and leave no doubt who the better fighter is etc

Comment

The he can't make the weight anymore so jack needs to move on

Comment

So at a catch weight... that must mean that no belts are on the line. What would interest Catterall in a fight like that? Seems crazy to me. Also seems to say he can't make the weight any more. Pretty sad. And he's paying all those belt fees. Maybe he should just call it a day and retire undefeated.

Comment

This is all crap. EVERY top quality guy, without exception, has had a lousy decision in his favour. Saying no-one will forget Catterall-Taylor, yes they will if Taylor wins at 147, I mean Calzaghe gets beaten like Kurt Zoumas' cat by Robin Reid. Rematch don't happen & according to 'boxing experts' (i.e know nothing see you next times) Joe is 'Britain's greatest ever'. Like, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
                So at a catch weight... that must mean that no belts are on the line. What would interest Catterall in a fight like that? Seems crazy to me. Also seems to say he can't make the weight any more. Pretty sad. And he's paying all those belt fees. Maybe he should just call it a day and retire undefeated.
                I mean he's obviously grew out of the weight class he's a massive 140lb fighter has been his whole career so just vacate the belts and go 147 and Catterall will probably another crack at a world title. That is the likely scenerio
                Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Catterall was robbed, he won that fight no doubt, but the idea of him fighting for four vacant titles is ridiculous and just isn’t plausible.

I think it plays out like this:
                  Catterall vs Barboza Jr for the WBO.
                  Ramirez-Zepeda rematch for the WBC.
                  Ponce vs Matias for the IBF.
                  And f*** the WBA their top 10 is an absolute disgrace.
                  Yeah the wba top 10 is pretty weak but Sandor martin should get a shot at that belt against puello. Barroso and O'Hara Davis being ranked so high there is strange

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

Yeah the wba top 10 is pretty weak but Sandor martin should get a shot at that belt against puello. Barroso and O'Hara Davis being ranked so high there is strange
                    Puello the guy ranked #1 hasn’t beat anyone either. That top 3 is beyond a joke.

Martin is deserving after the Mikey win, so is Akhmedov who was robbed in his WBA title shot vs Barrios and so is Prograis who’s arguably still the #2 guy at 140 behind Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                    X