Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Souleymane Cissokho Trades Knockdowns With Roberto Valenzuela In Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Souleymane Cissokho Trades Knockdowns With Roberto Valenzuela In Decision Win

SAN DIEGO - Souleymane Cissokho fended off a determined knockout artist to box his way to victory. The 2016 Olympic Bronze medalist and current junior middleweight prospect from France traded knockdowns with Agua Prieta, Mexico's Valenzuela en route to a ten-round, unanimous decision win. Judge Zachary Young (100-90) had Cissokho winning every round, while judged Raul Caiz Sr. (99-91) and Dr. Lou Moret (99-91) found just one round each to give to Valenzuela in their DAZN opener Saturday evening at Pechanga Arena in San Diego, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cissokho I feel is a bit small for 154. He also seems to have an identity crisis. Moving down to 147 might be beneficial but there are so many sharks there. Since he’s with matchroom he might be able to fight some C level guys and build up his pro identity more.

Comment

There's some about Cissokho's style that I really enjoy and find entertaining. The way he's constantly moving, changing levels, giving angles along with a varied offensive attack of jabs, uppercut s and overhand rights.

The fact that he pulls straight back and doesn't have a granite chin makes things exciting. Not sure how dropping down in weight would affect his endurance and punch resistance, but whatever weight class he fights at I will enjoy watching him fight.

Comment

Working...
      X