Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Taylor-Catterall, Jaron Ennis, Kell Brook, Russell, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Taylor-Catterall, Jaron Ennis, Kell Brook, Russell, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Josh Taylor vs. Jack Catterall, Jaron Ennis, Gilberto Ramirez, Roman Gonzalez vs. Julio Cesar Martinez, Kell Brook, Gary Antuanne Russell and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Breadman's logic: Charlo takes more risks going for the KO against middleweights than Bivol takes against light heavyweights, therefore Bivol doesn't like getting hit as much as Charlo, therefore Charlo will bring the heat more vs Canelo.

I wonder if Bivol was fighting middleweights, and Charlo was fighting light heavyweights, who would be more confident to walk through punches then? Obviously Bivol. Heck even at light heavyweight, Bivol walked through Barrera and KO'd him. Has Charlo even KO'd a middleweight equivalent to Barrera, let alone a light heavyweight?

Breadman is just trying to market fighters in my opinion, same as always. He's selling you Canelo vs Bivol right now, but keeping an eye on having an angle to sell you something new to sell you in the future, some reason why it's going to be better than the crap you got sold last time, like saying Canelo vs Charlo will be different because Charlo brings more heat, and Canelo vs Benavidez might be one of the best fights ever, blah blah blah.

People don't believe commercials anymore because they know they are commercials, so the new commercial in modern times is to make commercials, and political propaganda too, without telling the audience it's a commercial, and pretending that it isn't. Instead of calling it a commercial, they call it an "article." Instead of calling it propaganda, they call it "news" or a "TV show" or a "movie" or an "interview" or "sports."
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 03-05-2022, 10:50 AM.
    Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      Breadman's logic: Charlo takes more risks going for the KO against middleweights than Bivol takes against light heavyweights, therefore Bivol doesn't like getting hit as much as Charlo, therefore Charlo will bring the heat more vs Canelo.

I wonder if Bivol was fighting middleweights, and Charlo was fighting light heavyweights, who would be more confident to walk through punches then? Obviously Bivol. Heck even at light heavyweight, Bivol walked through Barrera and KO'd him. Has Charlo even KO'd a middleweight equivalent to Barrera, let alone a light heavyweight?

Breadman is just trying to market fighters in my opinion, same as always. He's selling you Canelo vs Bivol right now, but keeping an eye on having an angle to sell you something new to sell you in the future, some reason why it's going to be better than the crap you got sold last time, like saying Canelo vs Charlo will be different because Charlo brings more heat, and Canelo vs Benavidez might be one of the best fights ever, blah blah blah.

People don't believe commercials anymore because they know they are commercials, so the new commercial in modern times is to make commercials, and political propaganda too, without telling the audience it's a commercial, and pretending that it isn't. Instead of calling it a commercial, they call it an "article." Instead of calling it propaganda, they call it "news" or a "TV show" or a "movie" or an "interview" or "sports."
      I think Bivol would beat Charlo. I don't think Charlo is even a threat to Canelo. A nice payday for Canelo, but that's it.

Comment

Come on, Bread. You don't think promoters interfere with the judges? You really think bad decisions happen only because the judges take it upon themselves to bend over backwards for the house fighter?

Bob Arum is corrupt as hell and there is legal history to prove it.

Where are your street smarts at? Unless you're using them to stay quiet so you don't piss off industry power brokers. In which case I find that to be cowardly and not genuine.
        millcitymauler millcitymauler likes this.

Comment

I really hope Taylor had an off night but after watching Ramirez last night, those guys are just average type champs in a weaker division. Taylor gets stopped by the Welters with that defense.

Comment

Sometimes fans put down other fighters to justify why their favorite fighter didn’t fight them”

This is literally the go to method for stage 5 clinger fan boys.

Comment

I'd like to know the identity of that one fighter that Breadman says got the better of Ennis, once in sparring anyway.

Ennis actually does look better as a pro than the guy who beat him three times in the amateurs, Gary Antuanne Russell, who is a fine fighter.

I think a Canelo-Charlo fight might be more exciting than Canelo-Bivol, but I do think Bivol is a more difficult opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

I think Bivol would beat Charlo. I don't think Charlo is even a threat to Canelo. A nice payday for Canelo, but that's it.
                I dont think Charlo has any chance against Canelo. I am looking forward to the Bivol fight.
                wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Boxing logic's logic: resilience & punch resistance are directly proportional to weight, also all light heavyweights hit harder than all middle weights
                  who would you have canelo fight?

Comment

a silly casual fan, trying to point out how a ATG analyst got it wrong LMAO

don't be ridiculous man

reading a bread-bag... is a golden opportunity for you to understand how you get it so badly wrong

this is a opportunity for you to learn the sport, and develop as a fan... don't throw it away

Cholo925 Cholo925 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X