Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez Back in The Mix With Unanimous Decision Over Jose Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez Back in The Mix With Unanimous Decision Over Jose Pedraza

By Keith Idec - Jose Ramirez remains one of the top 140-pound boxers in the sport. The former WBC and WBO champion adjusted to Jose Pedraza's skill and intelligence during the second half of their 12-round fight Friday night and won a unanimous decision in Fresno, California. When the final bell sounded, the 29-year-old Ramirez won by the same score on all three cards, 116-112, in the main event of a nine-bout card at Fresno State University's Save Mart Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-05-2022, 01:48 AM.

Jose Ramirez and Jose Pedraza understand the stakes. The junior welterweights know that the winner of Friday night's 12-round main event at Fresno's Save Mart Center will likely receive a world title shot next. Ramirez (26-1, 17 KOs) is a former unified world champion seeking to return to the division's apex. The journey back begins in the venue where he routinely packs crowds of more than 12,000 fans. Ramirez hails from the farming community of Avenal, about an hour's drive from Fresno.

Pedraza (29-3, 14 KOs), from Cidra, Puerto Rico, is a two-weight world champion with hopes of conquering a third weight class. He has won three straight bouts since losing a decision in his junior welterweight debut to Jose Zepeda.

The entire Ramirez-Pedraza card will stream and exclusively on ESPN+ starting at 7:15 p.m. ET/4:15 p.m. PT.

Comment

Like both guys , but have to go with my island bro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR Sniper !!!

Comment

Anyone giving Padraza much of a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
          Ramirez just seems that bit better but I don't think the gap between them is too big. Thinking about common opponents, didn't a lot of people think Zepeda beat Ramirez? I would have to watch that one again to remember for sure but I had Ramirez-Postol even. So not like Ramirez separates himself from opponents often enough. I think Ramirez wins 7-5 type of fight but maybe if Pedraza shows up that much more motivated or with a great gameplan it goes the other way.
          Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

I bet on him, and even on a draw... Don't know, really. This fight could go anywhere.
            Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

War Ramirez !!!!!!!!

Comment

I do.... a long shot though ...

Comment

Let’s gooo!

Comment

Card starting now with two, 2-0 HW's going at it

Comment