Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabe Flores Jr. Fends Off Abraham Montoya, Wins 10-Rounder By Majority Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gabe Flores Jr. Fends Off Abraham Montoya, Wins 10-Rounder By Majority Decision

Gabe Flores Jr. fought through Abraham Montoya's relentless pressure Friday night to bounce back from his first professional defeat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kid doesn't have the power to keep pressure fighters off of him. He's taken a lot of damage over his last 2 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      Kid doesn't have the power to keep pressure fighters off of him. He's taken a lot of damage over his last 2 fights.
      Agreed. It was a close fight, thought Flores deserved the nod but he seemed almost defensive in the post-fight interview. I don't think he has the pop to make fighters respect him and to set the distance. He's pretty much at his ceiling at this point.
      jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

He also at his ceiling because he needs a top trainer to take him to the next level. Different topic: never heard father calling their son bro before

Comment

Originally posted by Old Spice View Post
          He also at his ceiling because he needs a top trainer to take him to the next level. Different topic: never heard father calling their son bro before
          Wish I could dig up this interview of George Kambosos' father telling his son's boxing origins. Calls him bro like 20 times at least.

Comment

Glad he got the win Atleast. Can’t help but root for Gabe. His story resonated with me when i first heard it. He’s a nice kid.

Comment

Gabe is a really good boxer but unless he starts sitting on his punches and giving guys something to think about, he's just going to get run out of the ring by good pressure fighters. He's going to need massive stamina to be able to move for 10 to 12 rounds without fading. I like the kid but I don't see him going much further without some pop in his punches.

Comment

Working...
              X