No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: I Can See Usyk Giving Tyson Fury Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holyfield: I Can See Usyk Giving Tyson Fury Problems

Former three time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield is backing Tyson Fury to overcome mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte. Fury will defend his WBC world title against Whyte on April 23 at Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For sure, Holyfield, the size difference in Fury and Usyk manifests in far superior footwork in the latter, plus, Fury's firepower isn't so great that it alone poses danger to Usyk, but relies on leaning, manhandling and wearing down. He'll have to catch the "little" dude first.
    "
    Problem is, man's actually gonna stand in the way of Russian rockets and try not to get hit, first. We might never see this fight

Comment

"I think Dillian’s got the energy to give him problems" said no one ever. I'm guessing he saw neither of the Whyte vs. Povetkin laugh-offs. Whyte was gassed at the end of the second round. He better do some serious drugs before he gets in the ring with Fury. Not saying he hasn't or won't but now's not the time to take your foot off the gas, lol. Boxing has failed me.

Comment

A lot of these old timers are starting to root against Fury as he moves up the atg list.

As for Usyk, his career may effectively be over, if this thing drags in for a long time, age and inactivity and not being in the right headspace could close the curtain.

We have all seen how Usyk looks rusty when he has long layoffs, well it's already been 6 months and he's not fighting any time soon, and when he eventually does its not going to be vs Derek Chisora.

Comment

It'd be a crying shame if we never got to see this. For me they're head & shoulders above the rest and both exceptionally skilled and I have a difficult time envisioning their styles and such. As a greedy fan I need this fight & will be devastated if we never get it.

I already get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing we might not get to see this one or at least when it matters, neither guys exactly young.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            It'd be a crying shame if we never got to see this. For me they're head & shoulders above the rest and both exceptionally skilled and I have a difficult time envisioning their styles and such. As a greedy fan I need this fight & will be devastated if we never get it.

I already get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing we might not get to see this one or at least when it matters, neither guys exactly young.
            We won't.

Usyk is 35 and for a guy with his style it was remarkable how he was able to be so active vs AJ, but I'm pretty sure he peaked in that fight, inactivity and running around alleyways in a war zone aren't his friend boxing wise, I'll be surprised if he looks that good again.

Fury is 34 in a couple of months and while normally for a super heavyweight that's not normally old, Fury has ballooned up and cut loads of weight over and over and abused his body with drugs and alcohol. His footspeed has already slowed down and he's masking it behind a new style that uses his size as his main attribute.

He's losing motivation fast and it showed in the 3rd Wilder fight (after the second knockdown I thought for a brief moment he couldn't be bothered getting up) he is going to need to start wrapping it up soon if he doesn't want to lose to someone he would have easily beaten a few years ago.
            ​​​​​​

​​​​​​I said in an ideal world they would have faced off at the end of the year then if its close a rematch and then that would have been the end of this first post klitschko era with it all settled.

That ain't happening.

Comment

So Holyfield was indirectly saying Usyk will beat Fury. Fury's fans won't agree with him. I certainly do for all the points he made. Plus Fury never fought a boxer half as skilled as Usyk.
              Last edited by Boxviewer; 03-03-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Usyk should give anyone problems with his excellent lateral movement and hand speed.

Comment

Hush old man. Your opinion is no longer any more sound than your mind is.

Comment

Calm down Holyfield. Thanks for your genius opinion. We thought Usyk is unskilled bum.

Comment

Working...
                    X