Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jerwin Ancajas Plans To Move Up To Bantamweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jerwin Ancajas Plans To Move Up To Bantamweight Division

Former IBF super flyweight champion Jerwin Ancajas is ready to move up in weight. After being at 115-pounds for nearly six years, Ancajas is heading up to the bantamweight limit of 118. Last Saturday night at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Ancajas took plenty of punishment in a twelve round unanimous decision loss to Fernando Martinez, who walked away with the IBF's strap.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He'll get stopped if he tries to face someone good.

But, given his career trajectory, he probably won't try to face anyone good.

Comment

So there it is no rematch, now he will find out if it is weight only and a natural step up to 118 lbs does the trick. Interesting to see who he fights and how he adjusts to the weight. Then we will know if there are other factors in the shift and the loss. But I trust when he says about his weight he knows himself after all this time in the ring. And if not he will learn that too. But still it was a great fight and I do appreciate a great fight and not deciding to back away and run and hide as sometimes happens in the ring.

Comment

“I could see his punches. I knew they were coming, but I couldn’t react." Dude, that's cause they were coming in bunches ALL NIGHT LONG! What a performance from an emotional Martinez! Fights like these are why real fans watch boxing. A truly inspiring performance!
        real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

At least he fought till very end unlike Chris Colbert

Comment

Fight Takuma Inoue, Nonito might still hang around, other Filipinos like : John Riel Casimero, Reymart Gaballo, Jonas Sultan are OK. Maybe even a Jason Maloney or chicken Charlie Edwards.

Comment

I noticed that Ancajas looked drained at the weigh-in....
              Last edited by SceneBoxer; 03-02-2022, 03:02 AM.

Comment

While watching the fight, I was thinking he should go down not up.
                Martinez was taller, had a longer reach and had good hand speed. He's gonna face more guys like that moving up and guys at loeer weight classes aren't slow and can pump out lots of punches in a round. That said, Ancaja had one awsome burst late that impressed me, but he only did it once.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post
                  While watching the fight, I was thinking he should go down not up.
                  Martinez was taller, had a longer reach and had good hand speed. He's gonna face more guys like that moving up and guys at loeer weight classes aren't slow and can pump out lots of punches in a round. That said, Ancaja had one awsome burst late that impressed me, but he only did it once.
                  Actually, not correct on the height. Martinez is 2 inches shorter at 5'3.
                  Since1976 Deleted likes this.

Comment

Bit of a lackluster title reign imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X