Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Made Weight Pretty Well, But Most Likely That Was My Last at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Made Weight Pretty Well, But Most Likely That Was My Last at 140

Boxing's fully unified 140-pound champion appears to be done with the division within which he holds the IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO titles. Josh Taylor told Sky Sports following his disputable, split-decision victory over Jack Catterall on Saturday night that he'll likely move up in weight for his next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Josh should consider dropping some titles, and wait for the winner of Teofimo Lopez Jr. vs. Arnold Barboza Jr! If Lopez wins, fight him! If Lopez loses, move up to 147, and fight Conor Benn, or David Avanesyan in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I think Josh should consider dropping some titles, and wait for the winner of Teofimo Lopez Jr. vs. Arnold Barboza Jr! If Lopez wins, fight him! If Lopez loses, move up to 147, and fight Conor Benn, or David Avanesyan in the UK!
      I said before and I'll say it again.... Taylor had an AMAZING run at 140 to get the undisputed crown and I will scratch the Catterall fight off as a bad night on the job BUT I'm not sure he can make big waves at 147 at the top. I think Benn and Avanesyan both give him problems and people like Ugas, Spence, Crawford, Ortiz Jr, and Boots beat him without question.

Comment

I wanna know if there is going to be a rematch and also why Josh thinks he wasn't impressive. He should probably stay at 140 if he can cause the talent at 147 might be too much. Better to be a big fish in a small pnd.

Comment

If the weight wasn't the issue, then Catterall was. Josh needs to fight this guy again and then move up to 147. I don't want this to go unnoticed but Taylor did make claims of how expensive it was to keep at 4 belts....Teo made that claim shortly before the Kambosos fight. Those sanctioning fees are mug.

Again, Taylor's got all 4 belts, so the fights have to come to him...and I don't see many guys at 140 with dollar signs on their foreheads. I honestly don't know why guys defend all 4 belts after winning them...it rarely goes well and there's not much else to look bad at once you've reached that point.

In Canelo's case, he's Undisputed at 168 and Benavidez is a big fight, but most would ask....what has Benavidez done to deserve a shot at all 4 titles? At that point, is it more about the money or the titles. At the very least, David was WBC champ before being stripped, if that adds a bit of spice to the matchup.

Comment

So now it's confirmed, Taylor is full of BS and remains delusional... ala Lopez... just imagine the scale of BS after a Taylor vs Lopez fight!

Comment

If that's the case then the rematch needs to happen Josh. That blemish is not going away without you cleaning it up. You got an otherwise spotless record, clean it up.

Comment

He didn't look like a drained fighter, but it might have been a bad night against a game competitor in Catteral. I don't think his nights will get easier at 147

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I said before and I'll say it again.... Taylor had an AMAZING run at 140 to get the undisputed crown and I will scratch the Catterall fight off as a bad night on the job BUT I'm not sure he can make big waves at 147 at the top. I think Benn and Avanesyan both give him problems and people like Ugas, Spence, Crawford, Ortiz Jr, and Boots beat him without question.
                  I think he should test the waters with one of the 2, before he even thinks about Boots, Vergil, Ugas, Spence, or Crawford! Avanesyan might be easier to make?

Comment

Timothy Bradley Jr: Why the scorecards were wrong in Taylor-Catterall

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...jack-catterall

Comment

Working...
                    X