Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sorry, But Close Fight in Scotland Doesn't Register on Robbery Scale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sorry, But Close Fight in Scotland Doesn't Register on Robbery Scale

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I tried, folks. No, really, I did. But I just don't see it. No matter where I cruised in the cyber boxing universe early Sunday morning - within hours of the 140-pound title fight in Glasgow - I just couldn't muster the indignance others have seemed to manage. Even though I did everything you're supposed to do in these situations.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anytime someone says they watched the fight on first watch without sound, I call BS. I can watch and not be swayed by comentary but Id watch without soundz only if it was super close(Maybe I'm not swayed by the 85% biased commentary, on boxing shows). Yeah the exchanges looked the same ( Catteral winning them). On first watch, I told my wife I can see it being closer than what she thought(Catteral clearly winning 6-7 of the first 8 rds. I also agree that robberies are fights where a fighter won 8-9 rds but there is no way possible that Taylor won 7 rds in this fight. If being generous, I can maybe edge 4-5 rds but even if no robbery, there was a clear winner(Catteral) in at least 7 rds in my opinion. Really it doesn't matter, Catteral will rise and no one outside of the UK or diehard fans of Taylor will give him a shot to compete with the best anymore(great fighters don't get hit with the same combo for 12 rds). I'm not invested in either so MY opinion doesn't matter but as a fan of Taylor's, he'll need to prove me wrong. I'd honestly put Catteral #1 @140. His fight/deserving win was clearer than Taylor's win vs Prograis and Ramirez. I'm always optimistic, so I'm hoping Caterral is waaaaaaay better than I thought as opposed to Taylor, Prograis and Ramirez being waaay worst than I thought.

If Taylor moves up and fight/beat any of the following, then I'll be impressed again:

Bud,Spence,Ugas,D.Garcia,Ortiz,Ennis,Butaev etc! I'd pick at least 10 fighters to easily best Taylor at Welter after that performance. Hopefully moving up makes a difference but Man, I got Tank KO'ing at 140 if he doesn't know how to adjust.

Comment

Oh, thank goodness the end all be all, Lyle Fitzsimmons, has finally spoken and set the record straight.

Comment

Catterall clearly won the scorecards were fixed this article is dumb

Comment

I got stung on Scottish poon.. I don’t think I ever recovered… Karin Adair wrecked me big time

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
            Anytime someone says they watched the fight on first watch without sound, I call BS. I can watch and not be swayed by comentary but Id watch without soundz only if it was super close(Maybe I'm not swayed by the 85% biased commentary, on boxing shows). Yeah the exchanges looked the same ( Catteral winning them). On first watch, I told my wife I can see it being closer than what she thought(Catteral clearly winning 6-7 of the first 8 rds. I also agree that robberies are fights where a fighter won 8-9 rds but there is no way possible that Taylor won 7 rds in this fight. If being generous, I can maybe edge 4-5 rds but even if no robbery, there was a clear winner(Catteral) in at least 7 rds in my opinion. Really it doesn't matter, Catteral will rise and no one outside of the UK or diehard fans of Taylor will give him a shot to compete with the best anymore(great fighters don't get hit with the same combo for 12 rds). I'm not invested in either so MY opinion doesn't matter but as a fan of Taylor's, he'll need to prove me wrong. I'd honestly put Catteral #1 @140. His fight/deserving win was clearer than Taylor's win vs Prograis and Ramirez. I'm always optimistic, so I'm hoping Caterral is waaaaaaay better than I thought as opposed to Taylor, Prograis and Ramirez being waaay worst than I thought.

If Taylor moves up and fight/beat any of the following, then I'll be impressed again:

Bud,Spence,Ugas,D.Garcia,Ortiz,Ennis,Butaev etc! I'd pick at least 10 fighters to easily best Taylor at Welter after that performance. Hopefully moving up makes a difference but Man, I got Tank KO'ing at 140 if he doesn't know how to adjust.
            Tank is an accident waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post

You are right to do so! Thudding punches resonate!!

Comment

But it wasn't close....

Comment

Andre Ward gave it to Taylor on a co-comms card. I never scored it just watched it live. The pundits on sky sports were pretty unanimous in their assessment and Catterall fights on BT. Strange night

Comment

Lyle Fitzsimmons is a sad little man

Comment

Working...
                    X