Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Watched It Back, I Won a Very Close Fight, I'd Do Rematch at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Watched It Back, I Won a Very Close Fight, I'd Do Rematch at 147

Undisputed junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor has reacted to the widespread criticism regarding the scoring of his mandatory defense against Jack Catterall, which took place last Saturday night in Glasgow.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nope do a rematch at 140 where your belts are on the table.

Comment

Catterall earned the undisputed, lineal championship. He can't win that in any other fight except vs Taylor at 140. Fighting someone else for vacant belts or fighting Taylor at 147 for no titles in no way squares Catterall.

Comment

Still deluded... the BBBoC are now investigating, I doubt they have the power to overturn the decision, Catterall loses out on his biggest win, but maybe a no contest will be the result. In the meantime, this deluded guy continues to believe he won...

Comment

Originally posted by RobT View Post
          Still deluded... the BBBoC are now investigating, I doubt they have the power to overturn the decision, Catterall loses out on his biggest win, but maybe a no contest will be the result. In the meantime, this deluded guy continues to believe he won...
          Never in the history of the Sweet Science has a fighter declared: "Yeah actually my opponent won." Its very frustrating isn't it? For precisely this reason decisions like this should be overturned and fighters should have protocalls in place to assure proper scoring.
          Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Not deluded, just a stone faced liar. Catterall won a wide decision.

Comment

Didn't he say making weight was a "piece of cake?" So, why 147 now???
              wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Never in the history of the Sweet Science has a fighter declared: "Yeah actually my opponent won."
                False.

Chris Eubank Sr. admitted that Dan Schommer got robbed (Eubank got outclassed but got his hand raised).

@20:00

The fight:

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Taylor is overrated. He only beat Ramirez because Ramirez went down twice. Taylor actually got outclassed in a couple of rounds in that fight (and Ramirez, himself, is just a mediocre boxer). There's a reason that Arum was in a rush to make Crawford VS Taylor overseas. It would have been a great way to make a lot of money before people would have realized that Taylor is an overrated fraud. Crawford decided to fight Porter instead. It really makes no sense for Crawford to fight Taylor now. He's been exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

False.

Chris Eubank Sr. admitted that Dan Schommer got robbed (Eubank got outclassed but got his hand raised).

@20:00

The fight:

Lol. Toney also admitted Dave Tibeti beat him in that upset... But you get the point Im trying to make? Most times the view of a fighter is such, he probably will always think he won!

Comment

Working...
                    X