Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Escapes, Showtime Delivers: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Escapes, Showtime Delivers: Weekend Afterthoughts

Josh Taylor came into the weekend riding one of the best waves in boxing, winning the World Boxing Super Series before finishing unification at Jr. welterweight last year with a commanding performance against Jose Ramirez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What utter nonsense. The "writers" on this site are so low level. Nash out.
    Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
      Why do you say that? I read the article and while I think it was a little off base being kind to Taylor but that aside, pretty accurate article.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

Why do you say that? I read the article and while I think it was a little off base being kind to Taylor but that aside, pretty accurate article.
        It's typical low standard crap that any average Joe could write. And the biase was also insane, pretty much saying there was nothing in it after 8, when Catteral had a strong case to be 7-1 up with a knockdown. And Taylor winning the last 4 rounds! Erm, no. Did he even land a punch in R12? And R9/10/11 were very tight, either way rounds, so no reason to just say, "Oh, let's give them to Taylor", automatically. All the articles on this site are rubbish to be honest, and it's just getting the up to date news, and the forums that keep this place alive. Nobody would care if these kind of articles left the site. Nash out.

Comment

Dis Catteral win the fight? Yes. Did he do enough to beat a great champion in his hometown? Hmmm.... Not sure. Wayyyyyy too much holding from the brit, plus a awful performance from the referee made the whole affair quite frustrating for everyone. Boxing is sometimes unfair, as the world is.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

The irony!! One of the worst posters calling an award winning life-long boxing journalist and editor low level. Crawl back in your hole.
            mgame mgame Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

It's typical low standard crap that any average Joe could write. And the biase was also insane, pretty much saying there was nothing in it after 8, when Catteral had a strong case to be 7-1 up with a knockdown. And Taylor winning the last 4 rounds! Erm, no. Did he even land a punch in R12? And R9/10/11 were very tight, either way rounds, so no reason to just say, "Oh, let's give them to Taylor", automatically. All the articles on this site are rubbish to be honest, and it's just getting the up to date news, and the forums that keep this place alive. Nobody would care if these kind of articles left the site. Nash out.
              He's stating that's how the judges must have seen it based on their cards.

mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

The irony!! One of the worst posters calling an award winning life-long boxing journalist and editor low level. Crawl back in your hole.
                A high amount of posters here consider me the best/one of the best, so really, do you think I care what you think? Somebody who I have never noticed, not even once. Yes, this article is rubbish. You sound like a bit of a sheep mate. Who cares if he has won awards. Plenty of clowns have. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                  Dis Catteral win the fight? Yes. Did he do enough to beat a great champion in his hometown? Hmmm.... Not sure. Wayyyyyy too much holding from the brit, plus a awful performance from the referee made the whole affair quite frustrating for everyone. Boxing is sometimes unfair, as the world is.
                  The referee could have taken 2 points off Caterall by round 4-5. If he'd done that Caterall would have stopped holding so much and had to sit down on his punches more to keep Taylor honest - that would have made for a way way way better fight.

He took a point off Taylor for what basically amounted to a hard tap to the stomach after the bell - which seemed to me like he was just evening things up and running scared of effecting the result of the fight - but what happened was that his lack of authority in the early stages still led to controversial scoring and still effected the result.
                  steeve steel steeve steel likes this.

Comment

Taylor lost this fight, simple as that his immaturity is shocking, please feed him to Crawford who will end his boxing career
                    Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X