Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gary Antuanne Russell Stops Viktor Postol in Toughest Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Gary Antuanne Russell Stops Viktor Postol in Toughest Test

Russell, Postol Fight Photos Gallery - Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas - Rising junior welterweight Gary Antuanne Russell (15-0, 15 KOs) was nearly forced to go the distance for the first time. He picked up his biggest career win with a stoppage of former world champion Viktor Postol (31-3, 12 KOs) in the final minute of the tenth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Russell led on the scorecards at the time of the stoppage by scores of 89-82, 89-82 and 88-83.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
      Russell led on the scorecards at the time of the stoppage by scores of 89-82, 89-82 and 88-83.
      He was boxing very well and was indeed leading on the majority of the cards, but I just didn’t agree with the ref’s decision to stop the fight at that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

He was boxing very well and was indeed leading on the majority of the cards, but I just didn’t agree with the ref’s decision to stop the fight at that moment.
        I didn't see the fight, but I heard it was an early stoppage so I checked around for the scorecards to see if Russell would've won anyway. I shared so anyone similarly curious wouldn't need to also search for them.

Comment

Postol probably wasn’t all there mentally because of the crisis in his homeland. Not taking anything away from Russell but I doubt he got the best Postol on this night. He is 38 so Russell winning was expected but still I’m not sure Postol could give his best this night…

Comment

Working...
          X