Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gutierrez: Congratulations Hector Garcia, I Will See You Very Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gutierrez: Congratulations Hector Garcia, I Will See You Very Soon

Roger Gutierrez was the night's most interested observer of a show where he was supposed to play the lead. The reigning WBA junior lightweight titlist paid close attention to the Showtime main event which was to determine his next mandatory challenger. It turned out to be his replacement, Dominican Republic's Hector Luis Garcia who delivered the performance of his career in overwhelming Chris Colbert over twelve rounds Saturday evening at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This was a huge audition for colbert that would've displayed adjustments/adaptability. He blew it
    jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
      This was a huge audition for colbert that would've displayed adjustments/adaptability. He blew it
      Gary Antuanne Russell, on the other hand, passed his difficult test with flying colors.
      No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Gary Antuanne Russell, on the other hand, passed his difficult test with flying colors.
        If only Colbert had an opponent who was 38 years old who had been out of the ring for 18 months and had pressing matters on his mind, he'd have won. It seems Haymon didn't hand Colbert the real script and actually put someone horribly inactive in there for him to take advantage of. If that's the case, you know what happens like clock work.

Comment

That was a very impressive showing by Russell. Although I didn’t agree with the stoppage, he was pitching a shutout and looked great in there. Proved that he can with the top guys of the division.
          ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

If only Colbert had an opponent who was 38 years old who had been out of the ring for 18 months and had pressing matters on his mind, he'd have won. It seems Haymon didn't hand Colbert the real script and actually put someone horribly inactive in there for him to take advantage of. If that's the case, you know what happens like clock work.
            Postol has a great chin and is an experienced veteran. You should know that, seeing as how he gave a tough fight to Josh Taylor as well as to Jose Ramirez and now to Gary Antuanne Russell.

The fact that Russell ran into difficulties but was able to change up showed me something. He's not a one dimensional puncher and has versatility to his game.

I know this means that yet ANOTHER American will be threatening for world titles soon. You'll just have to learn to live with that.

​​​​​

Comment

Postol has a great chin and is an experienced veteran. You should know that, seeing as how he gave a tough fight to Josh Taylor as well as to Jose Ramirez and now to Gary Antuanne Russell.

The fact that Russell ran into difficulties but was able to change up showed me something. He's not a one dimensional puncher and has versatility to his game.

I know this means that yet ANOTHER American will be threatening for world titles soon. You'll just have to learn to live with that.

​​​​​
              Taylor fought a prime and active Postal. Not a 38 year old who was badly inactive. You know, the way you're all doing?

What, you think i'm threatened by Russell? Haha. Look, talk stupid, but keep the fantasies a little closer to earth, man. If he fights anyone with a pulse who isn't vulnerable, he won't be threatening anyone. He may get one of the vacant titles against some jobbie and keep it protected like his brother did for so many years fighting garbage and shot fighters. But when stepping up for real, he's going the same way they all do. If you're not bored with the hype these guys receive only to keep on falling without doing anything, then good for you. But you're close to being like the Puerto Ricans.

Comment

Working...
              X