Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jerwin Ancajas: I Want The Rematch, I Learned A lot, Martinez is a Great Challenger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jerwin Ancajas: I Want The Rematch, I Learned A lot, Martinez is a Great Challenger

Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas - With his promoter, the former two-division champion Marcos Maidana urging him on from ringside, Argentina's Fernando Martinez punished Jerwin Ancajas over 12 rounds to wrest away his IBF junior bantamweight title via a unanimous decision in a star-making performance in the SHOWTIME telecast opener.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't understand why Ancajas stopped going to the body, that was working.

Comment

Great fight but I think the rematch has the same result. Total credit to Ancas. With the kind of punishment he was taking, most of todays fighters would have looked for a way out or went into a defensive shell. Not Ancas, despite the adversity, he never stopped trying and was competitive to the end.
      DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Acajas quit going to the body because it was costing him without dividends. PBC Al Haymon don’t mess around. If you say or think you’re good. He’ll pay you good but matches you with best competitions that he has in his management stable. Strap up, step up,man up, or get beat up. Boxing is getting shaken up by the PBC !

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          Great fight but I think the rematch has the same result. Total credit to Ancas. With the kind of punishment he was taking, most of todays fighters would have looked for a way out or went into a defensive shell. Not Ancas, despite the adversity, he never stopped trying and was competitive to the end.
          I don't believe that the rematch would be the same result, I do believe it would be worth it to do it again for sure. Was Martinez up for the fight in a way he may not be again? Ancas was not looking lost or confused or out of adjustments all that kind of stuff. And look at it this way, even if it came close to what happened last night it would be worth the price of admission. Rematches do not always mirror the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

I don't believe that the rematch would be the same result, I do believe it would be worth it to do it again for sure. Was Martinez up for the fight in a way he may not be again? Ancas was not looking lost or confused or out of adjustments all that kind of stuff. And look at it this way, even if it came close to what happened last night it would be worth the price of admission. Rematches do not always mirror the first fight.
            So you think Ancas will win the rematch. Not me for the very reasons you posted about Ancas. He fought a good fight and it wasn’t nearly enough. Throw in the skill and determination Martínez showed last night and you’ll get the same winner.

Comment

Jerwin will kill Martinez in rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by pinoy power View Post
                Based on what? I didn’t see anything last night that supports that. Did you?

Comment

Originally posted by pinoy power View Post
                  Have you ever thought about attending some school where they teach you it is not against the law to write more than one line each time you post something? Your "Pinoys kings of boxing" statement is not only incorrect, but stupid as hell. I doubt you'll respond because that requires having an IQ above a dead Frog which rules you out.
                  Last edited by richardt; 02-27-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

So you think Ancas will win the rematch. Not me for the very reasons you posted about Ancas. He fought a good fight and it wasn’t nearly enough. Throw in the skill and determination Martínez showed last night and you’ll get the same winner.
                    No I don't believe it will be the same result, I do not know what the result will be from watching the fight last night. I am not convinced that or what the result will turn out to be if they do it again is all I was thinking when I responded. But if they do fight and the result is the same you were spot on and I just felt it was unsure who may win in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X