Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Martinez Punishes Jerwin Ancajas, Wins Decision To Capture IBF TItle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Martinez Punishes Jerwin Ancajas, Wins Decision To Capture IBF TItle

Argentina's Fernando Martinez upset the Philippines' Jerwin Ancajas by unanimous decision in a brutal, entertaining 12-round, 115-pound championship match that opened Showtime's tripleheader from The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Judges Max De Luca (117-111), David Sutherland (118-110) and Steve Weisfeld (118-110) favored a determined Martinez's aggression, activity and accuracy and rewarded him with by far the most noteworthy win of his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-26-2022, 11:18 PM.

Great fight, fantastic division

Pumita Martinez is a savage
    jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

I honestly don't see anyone at 115 that could beat him. He sorta reminds me of Matthysse
      jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

What a fight!! Great victory for Martinez. He looked like he could throw another 1,000 punches.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
          I honestly don't see anyone at 115 that could beat him. He sorta reminds me of Matthysse
          Let’s not get carried away by the moment. Fantastic performance by Martínez against a fantastic champion but Estrada and Chocolatito fight here.............
          No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

Great fight this should be in the main event

Comment

Come on man. Ancajas was never, ever good. He's been the one of the weakest belt holders in boxing for a very long time, and he deserved to lose two of his previous five fights but was bailed out by the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

Let’s not get carried away by the moment. Fantastic performance by Martínez against a fantastic champion but Estrada and Chocolatito fight here.............
                Ancajas was not a fantastic champion. He never once defended his title against a quality opponent.
                Bob Haymon Bob Haymon likes this.

Comment

Yup called it too little Lucas Matyhsse

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Ancajas was not a fantastic champion. He never once defended his title against a quality opponent.
                    Undefeated for almost a decade with 9 defenses of a world title? Sounds fantastic to me. He was pretty impressive in losing tonight.
                    No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X