Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor, Catterall Make Weight, Tempers Flare On Stage Ahead Of Junior Welterweight Championship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor, Catterall Make Weight, Tempers Flare On Stage Ahead Of Junior Welterweight Championship

Josh Taylor is set for the first fight in his home country in more than three years. The undisputed junior welterweight champion puts all four major titles and the lineal crown on the line versus WBO mandatory challenger Jack Catterall. Both boxers made weight for their scheduled 12-round championship contest, which airs live on Sky Sports (United Kingdom) and ESPN+ (United States) from The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-25-2022, 11:09 AM.

When do tempers not flare on stage ahead of a major boxing championship?

Doesn't seem to happen in football, an equally violent sport.
    Or hockey.
    But somehow boxing has incorporated "the fight before the fight" into its regular marketing scheme.
    I guess it sells tickets.
    But long time fans know it's nothing but theater.

Comment

On an earlier post, I had neglected to mention one of the reasons IMO Taylor wins this one... Catteral barely beat scrub Davies a few
      years back... whereas Taylor demolished him. Should be a really interesting fight that will answer many questions about both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        On an earlier post, I had neglected to mention one of the reasons IMO Taylor wins this one... Catteral barely beat scrub Davies a few
        years back... whereas Taylor demolished him. Should be a really interesting fight that will answer many questions about both fighters.
        the bookies rarely get it wrong save for the occasional major upset. Catteral is 9/1 just to win by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post

the bookies rarely get it wrong save for the occasional major upset. Catteral is 9/1 just to win by any means.
          ha!!!! Wrrooooooonnnnggg!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X