Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Believes A lot of Boxers Will Underestimate Jake Paul's Abilities

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Believes A lot of Boxers Will Underestimate Jake Paul's Abilities

Former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is a big fan of social media star turned boxer, Jake Paul. Paul (5-0, 4 KOs) scored a brutal knockout of NBA veteran Nate Robinson on the undercard of Tyson's exhibition fight with Roy Jones Jr. in 2020.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Will we ever find out, though ?
    Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

I agree with Mike Tyson, and we will find out soon to answer BodyBagz question.
      That said Jake Paul will never win a world championship in boxing, at least I don't think so.
      I do believe that he'll win a few more fights, and earn large incredible sum's of money along the way.
      His social medial fan base will love him for it, and continue to follow him loyally.
      He's helped get Amanda Serrano the exposer, and largest payday which she so richly deserves.
      For that, and for bringing more attention/fans to boxing I applaud him his effort's.
      I don't follow Jake Paul, but as far as I can tell he's been good for boxing, and on that note keep up the good work.

Comment

I don't think that Jake Paul can beat a Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., but Chavez has many flaws (mostly psychological), so who knows.
        If some how Jake was able to beat a Julio that would be huge for his career, and would continue to grow his brand.

Comment

If 46 year old spider Anderson Silva can convincingly whoop chavez jr, jake paul can stop him

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
            I agree with Mike Tyson, and we will find out soon to answer BodyBagz question.
            That said Jake Paul will never win a world championship in boxing, at least I don't think so.
            I do believe that he'll win a few more fights, and earn large incredible sum's of money along the way.
            His social medial fan base will love him for it, and continue to follow him loyally.
            He's helped get Amanda Serrano the exposer, and largest payday which she so richly deserves.
            For that, and for bringing more attention/fans to boxing I applaud him his effort's.
            I don't follow Jake Paul, but as far as I can tell he's been good for boxing, and on that note keep up the good work.
            JP talks too much without putting in the work.

Yeah, yeah. Pushing the ''brand''

To this day, I don't know why he and his bro are ''famous''.(I'm not up with Youtube sensations).

Comment

I don't think that Jake Paul can beat a Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., but Chavez has many flaws (mostly psychological), so who knows.
              If some how Jake was able to beat a Julio that would be huge for his career, and would continue to grow his brand.
              I agree.

Most boxers spend the beginning of their careers feasting on guys like Jr. Beating a guy like Jr would be the typical trajectory at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

JP talks too much without putting in the work.

Yeah, yeah. Pushing the ''brand''

To this day, I don't know why he and his bro are ''famous''.(I'm not up with Youtube sensations).
                I don't like talker's myself, but like any successful business their brand is of the utmost importance.
                Boxing is my favorite sport to watch, and he's bring much need attention, money, and fans to the sport.
                For those reason's I applaud his effort's, and yes he has to put in the work to become a respected fighter in boxing.
                Lets see what he does in the next 5 fights, if he has fights in him, and is serious about boxing, but even if he isn't he's brought attention to the sport.
                He's got 18.8 million followers on instagram, and 20.4 subscriber's on youtube, those are astronomical number's.
                Whatever the fraction is of those numbers that he crosses over to boxing, is a plus for the sport.

Comment

I don't like talker's myself, but like any successful business their brand is of the utmost importance.
                  Boxing is my favorite sport to watch, and he's bring much need attention, money, and fans to the sport.
                  For those reason's I applaud his effort's, and yes he has to put in the work to become a respected fighter in boxing.
                  Lets see what he does in the next 5 fights, if he has fights in him, and is serious about boxing, but even if he isn't he's brought attention to the sport.
                  He's got 18.8 million followers on instagram, and 20.4 subscriber's on youtube, those are astronomical number's.
                  Whatever the fraction is of those numbers that he crosses over to boxing, is a plus for the sport.
                  Boxing was ok without him, it will be just fine when he leaves.
                  He's bringing attention to glorified exhibition matches, so far.

One day, when I'm really bored, I'll google what makes them so ''followable''..

Comment

Jake Paul is the greatest UFC/MMA fighter that has ever lived. Let's not forget, he has also had an unbeaten, world class boxer in Tommy Fumbles running scared. Former P4P star Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, a better version of his dad, also does not really want the Jake Paul smoke. Come to think of it, even Canelo seems to try and talk his way around the fight, instead seeking easier options such as Bivol. Give us what we want boxing. Jake Paul vs Canelo. Earn with Hearn needs to get on this and get it made. Nash out.

Comment

Working...
                    X