Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic-Zhang: Matchroom and Wasserman Win Purse Bid For IBF Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hrgovic-Zhang: Matchroom and Wasserman Win Purse Bid For IBF Title Eliminator

Filip Hrgovic has finally secured that long sought next step to challenging for the heavyweight crown. An ordered IBF heavyweight title eliminator between Hrgovic and Zhilei Zhang has landed in the hands of Matchroom Boxing and Wasserman Boxing,
    [Click Here To Read More]

To many sanctioning bodies creating to many routes to a belt shot without fighting anybody dangerous or even another contender.
    I've watched boxing for 40 year's & for that reason i can honestly say I'm beginning to prefer the ufc. The best against the best.
    Who has either man beat?

Comment

I was curious who else would bid for this other than Matchroom and Wasserman. Interesting that Probox submitted a bid, it seems they are a Florida-based promotion whose biggest name under their banner is Erickson Lubin. I don't know much else about them however.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
        To many sanctioning bodies creating to many routes to a belt shot without fighting anybody dangerous or even another contender.
        I've watched boxing for 40 year's & for that reason i can honestly say I'm beginning to prefer the ufc. The best against the best.
        Who has either man beat?
        I agree about the boxing part, but ufc..best fighting the best. Even Dana walked away from that statement a long time ago and it's who puts people in seats. I watch all fighting sports and have not watched a UFC event since like 2015 cause it's who Dana likes who gets the fight. Covington didn't deserve a rematch after beating Woodley that was coming of 2 defeats and who's last win occured 2 years before the Covington fight. Connor fighting Cowboy... who had zero chance of winning and that's just a few examples.. so many out there i would not use that argument, but that's your choice to make.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

With Zhang's power, wouldn't surprise me if he sleeps El Animal

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
            With Zhang's power, wouldn't surprise me if he sleeps El Animal
            Zhang has only fought 3 recognized names ,one was Rudenko he didn’t stop the other Devin Vargas who Ruiz knocked out in one round and he should have lost to Forrest though I’d imagine he’d win comfortably in a rematch.

The shock of that fight would indeed be Zhang sleeping a guy like Hrgovic not knocked down once ever since the amateurs, WSOB and now pro ranks .
            Last edited by REDEEMER; 02-24-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Another fight nobody cares about. I thought it would get a bid to host it in China. I guess i was wrong & when the winner finally gets a shot it will be for a vacant IBF title so in other words they will be a paper champion with the real champion fighting someone else for big cash…
              Last edited by joe strong; 02-24-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Hrgovic vs Arslanbek Makhmudov ftw! Let's see it.
                Southpaw16 Southpaw16 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

I agree about the boxing part, but ufc..best fighting the best. Even Dana walked away from that statement a long time ago and it's who puts people in seats. I watch all fighting sports and have not watched a UFC event since like 2015 cause it's who Dana likes who gets the fight. Covington didn't deserve a rematch after beating Woodley that was coming of 2 defeats and who's last win occured 2 years before the Covington fight. Connor fighting Cowboy... who had zero chance of winning and that's just a few examples.. so many out there i would not use that argument, but that's your choice to make.
                  I think he meant mma. I hate how people need violence to be a fan of a fighter. I'm way into violence and the Bible says the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force. I get it. But when folks say a successful fighter is "boring" that just means they don't go haywire and put on a show. I like guys like Bivol and Gracie. I love the whole "figuring out the puzzle" guys. A cerebral fighter to me is what I want to study. My dad used to say, "Total control, son. Mind, body and spirit." I like to see a fighter overcome themselves and fight back when they seem done. I root for the underdog, lol.

Comment

Finally they both step up.

Comment

Working...
                    X