Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berchelt: Rooting For Valdez, My Fellow Mexican But Stevenson Is A Very Tough Fight For Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berchelt: Rooting For Valdez, My Fellow Mexican But Stevenson Is A Very Tough Fight For Him

It was recently announced that WBC super featherweight champion Oscar Valde and WBO super featherweight champion Shakur Stevenson will meet in a unification showdown. The fight will take place April 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on the Las Vegas strip and will be televised by ESPN. The 24-year-old Stevenson captured a silver medal at the 2016 Olympic Games and is already a two-division champion just 17 fights into his pro career. Valdez (30-0, 23KOs) became a two-division champion when he stopped long time champion Miguel Berchelt last February. He successfully defended his title with a unanimous decision victory over Robson Conceicao in September in a fight that many observers felt should have been awarded to the Brazilian.
    [Click Here To Read More]

rooting for the guy who murdered you? how strange

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      rooting for the guy who murdered you? how strange
      Not really, you just don’t understand boxing. Most guys end up being friends after they fight each other.
      Boxing fan1981 Boxing fan1981 likes this.

Comment

Berchalt is a good guy. Surprised he hasn't called out Valdez on being a ped cheat

Comment

60/40 or 65/35 in Stevensons favor imo.

aside from a shopworn Herring, I’ve never seen Shakur really put a beating on anyone. That was partly because Herring was pretty much a walking punching bag in that last fight.

Oscar being way more durable & capable offensively means Shakur will play it safe & outbox the shjt out of him.

Oscar is too small, reach is too short & he isn’t fast enough to negate Shakurs footwork, step-back-1-2, & twitchy jab. I could see Shakur winning the fight without taking a single step forward.

If Oscar’s gonna have any chance of winning he has to either land the perfect punch & knock him out OR he’s gonna have to cut off the ring all night, avoid the jab, smother, & out work Shakur to steal rounds. I don’t see him being able to do either. The jab, getting in range & cutting off the ring are all gonna trouble him.

My prediction Shakur MD in a less than exciting fight. One judge will probably give Oscar rounds for coming forward all night, the other two will score it 8/4, 9/3 for Shakur

Comment

Oscar valde lol at least try and proof read your freaking articles .

Comment

Can't wait to see Berchelt at Lightweight. He stayed at 130 a couple years too long IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                60/40 or 65/35 in Stevensons favor imo.

aside from a shopworn Herring, I’ve never seen Shakur really put a beating on anyone. That was partly because Herring was pretty much a walking punching bag in that last fight.

Oscar being way more durable & capable offensively means Shakur will play it safe & outbox the shjt out of him.

Oscar is too small, reach is too short & he isn’t fast enough to negate Shakurs footwork, step-back-1-2, & twitchy jab. I could see Shakur winning the fight without taking a single step forward.

If Oscar’s gonna have any chance of winning he has to either land the perfect punch & knock him out OR he’s gonna have to cut off the ring all night, avoid the jab, smother, & out work Shakur to steal rounds. I don’t see him being able to do either. The jab, getting in range & cutting off the ring are all gonna trouble him.

My prediction Shakur MD in a less than exciting fight. One judge will probably give Oscar rounds for coming forward all night, the other two will score it 8/4, 9/3 for Shakur

60/40 Stevenson sounds about right.

I don't think it will be boring at all though. Stevenson at 130 is a lot more stationary and pleasing to watch. He's very talented. And I'm sure Valdez will be at the very top of his game and knows he has to bring it.

Can't wait for this one

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                  Berchalt is a good guy. Surprised he hasn't called out Valdez on being a ped cheat
                  Well maybe he's another fighter who prep'd on that good OLE Mexican beef or herbal tea?

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

you know what they say... Blood is thicker than peds

Comment

Working...
                    X